1993 Chevrolet Blazer running thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AVB
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: eljefino
If your engine uses the harmonic balancer or something else outside of the distributor for spark pickup and fuel injection timing, rotating the distributor won't do anything for timing unless you get it off enough that stuff jumps a position. That could be what the mechanic is thinking about, though it doesn't explain the SPOUT connector you found.

I don't think it uses a crank or cam trigger if that's what you are thinking.

I am pretty sure it has a hall effect sensor in the distributor.

Yup, I think you are right.

Well. good news: i checked for the source of the leak.

It is either the timing chain cover, or the water pump above it.

So the perfect time to put in a fan shroud/radiator support would be when all that comes out... Water pump.. ?

Should I toil to get the radiator support since my water pump may be leaking? To "Put it in while everything is out?" I think the radiator is OK. it is leaking either from lower timing chain cover (?) Or it looks like above it.. Water pump.

Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
disconnect the battery for a few, reconnect, drive for a little while and see if the codes come back.....do nothing else until you do that and report back.....no chemicals, no water, no timing, no anything!

Code 42 has gone away, Code 44 has come back.

I would probably try the o2 sensor....as someone stated earlier, it's probably twenty years old and I think you found it for less than $30? Worth a try and certainly won't hurt your fuel mileage (may improve it a bit) and may smooth out the remaining 5% "badness" of your engine.

I would probably try the o2 sensor....as someone stated earlier, it's probably twenty years old and I think you found it for less than $30? Worth a try and certainly won't hurt your fuel mileage (may improve it a bit) and may smooth out the remaining 5% "badness" of your engine.

I tend to agree with this.

I can order the part tomorrow, as I had to wait on some money. Then I can focus on getting it installed!

"Stoichiomeric?"

Post the UPS tracking number for that o2 sensor. I can't stop watching.

I must confess, this is the first thread that I check in on each morning.
blush.gif

Mechanic basically said "get rid of it, it's old."

Now.. true or false: Three chances to pass inspection, and that's all?

Post the UPS tracking number for that o2 sensor. I can't stop watching.

I know eh. It's like a train wreck. You know you shouldn't but..........

I think you actually want the Sunfire now. That will be another money pit but you're going to do what you're going to do so move forth son.

Thta's good news about the 2nd job....I think you'll need it! Good luck!

I think you actually want the Sunfire now. That will be another money pit but you're going to do what you're going to do so move forth son.

Thta's good news about the 2nd job....I think you'll need it! Good luck!

It attracts me about the gas mileage, but not much else. I get the impression of a young kid selling it and maybe abused it, or knows something is up with it. And since so many people think the Blazer is a junky bomb.. I want it now.
laugh.gif

And thank you!
smile.gif
I need to wait on a call-back.. but I showed experience, availability, and I came back clean-shaven AFTER the interview (I AM weird, you know!) and I think that call will come!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back