1992 Toyota Previa - Market Value?

My dad has given me approval to sell his Previa. It is a 92 with 185,000 miles, non-supercharged.

IMG_3487.jpeg

No warning lights are on and it passes smog. A/C works.

Exterior is a B/B-, interior is an A.

Mechanically it isn’t shabby, but it isn’t perfect either. I mean, what do you expect for being 31 years old? All fluids were recently replaced, new water pump, valve cover and distributor were resealed, new drive belts installed.

What is a fair price for it? Based on the limited sales data, I was thinking about listing it for $4K and taking the first offer over $3K.

I think your asking price and what you'll take is fair. Nice neighborhood by the way.

Don't be the greedy guy that has a car he's trying to sell for months on end at an absurd price. Those sellers are usually two-faced as they would never pay their asking price, yet feel insulted when someone offers what they would offer.

What is the OEM parts availability like?
I have a '92 Acura Vigor and maybe 85% of the OEM parts are N/A. I think mine's a firm $1500.
Large family haulers always get more money.

What is the OEM parts availability like?
I have a '92 Acura Vigor and maybe 85% of the OEM parts are N/A. I think mine's a firm $1500.
Large family haulers always get more money.

I'm guessing interior and exterior tidbits have long been NLA. I'm guessing the Previa wasn't sold in huge numbers like the Mopar minivans. Where I live, they sold in low numbers, most have long been melted for scrap, you won't find any in the salvage yard, you gotta deal with eBay for odd parts which may be difficult to find even on eBay and there might not be a new or used windshield around in my neck of the woods.

How id love to buy it… but too many cars…

id contact this guy on ebay:

1D4ECB3D-D5DF-460E-BF42-0C8BA2A5DFB1.jpeg

he mainly sells land cruisers, and various 1980s/90s European cars. But I’ve seen previas on there before. A one owner CA vehicle woukd be right up his alley, the transportation costs would probably be the biggest issue/concern.

Reactions: JC1
Don't be the greedy guy that has a car he's trying to sell for months on end at an absurd price. Those sellers are usually two-faced as they would never pay their asking price, yet feel insulted when someone offers what they would offer.
LOL That describes at least one member here perfectly!

I am astounded by the condition of the paint. That was a common color on Previas but most of them soon faded and had clear coat issues. I haven't seen a nice one in many years! That said however, it was an odd platform even when it was new. Isn't the engine in some place like under the seats?

Your plan is great if you don’t want it to linger. Guessing you could ask $5000+ and settle for more but have to deal with making another $1000 over what have.

It likely will linger though.

My FIL had one. Interesting vehicle. You can advertise it as the 'world's only mid-engined mini van. Hoovie's Garage had a video on one. Call EuroAsian Bob in Wichita, Kansas. He deals in cars like that. He's a regular on the Car Wizard's channel.

I am astounded by the condition of the paint. That was a common color on Previas but most of them soon faded and had clear coat issues. I haven't seen a nice one in many years! That said however, it was an odd platform even when it was new. Isn't the engine in some place like under the seats?
Yes, engine is under the seat.

1686150276507.jpeg

1686150340167.jpeg

Paint is probably in good shape because it has been garaged for its entire life and saw very little usage.

My dad has given me approval to sell his Previa. It is a 92 with 185,000 miles, non-supercharged.

View attachment 159881

Mechanically it isn’t shabby, but it isn’t perfect either. I mean, what do you expect for being 31 years old? All fluids were recently replaced, new water pump, valve cover and distributor were resealed, new drive belts installed.

What is a fair price for it? Based on the limited sales data, I was thinking about listing it for $4K and taking the first offer over $3K.

This looks like something that GON should buy and fix up for someone that needs a bigger vehicle but that doesn't have much money.

View attachment 159881

My wife had one of these we bought new. Great ride-lots of room. Extremely under powered. $5,000.00 for a quick sell-or $6,000.00 if you want more. I am not really sure about the collectible sites for this one.

Last edited:
Back