1992 Toyota Previa - Market Value?

In '92 or '93 I had the EXTREME pleasure of renting a Previa and putting 1,600 miles on it out West.

I so wanted one. I searched around, failed and gave up. That was 20 years ago.
I settled for my first Volvo V70 (a used '99).
An hour after the owner delivered it to my home, a Previa with a FOR SALE sign drove by.
You gotta laugh sometimes.

Japan was still using the bad steel (oxygen blown?) as the mandate wasn't until '96 IIRC.
But, I believe that vehicle was an intended tour d 'force for Toyota.
I agree with shooting high price wise.

I'm curious - other than the removable maintenance panels under the front seats, how does one access the engine for more "involved" activities? Drop it out the bottom?

I wondered about this when the 1984 Toyota vans were introduced in the states.

My dad has given me approval to sell his Previa. It is a 92 with 185,000 miles, non-supercharged.

View attachment 159881

No warning lights are on and it passes smog. A/C works.

Exterior is a B/B-, interior is an A.

Mechanically it isn’t shabby, but it isn’t perfect either. I mean, what do you expect for being 31 years old? All fluids were recently replaced, new water pump, valve cover and distributor were resealed, new drive belts installed.

What is a fair price for it? Based on the limited sales data, I was thinking about listing it for $4K and taking the first offer over $3K.
I loved these vans. If it were up here and had the 5-speed MT, I'd have to consider it very seriously.

My elderly neighbors have a Previa, not sure the year and it certainly isn't in as great of shape as this one but a couple of years ago now they told me it was time to get a new car (they had the Previa and a 2010ish Avalon). I thought to myself yep that Previa is getting up there...and then I find out they traded the Avalon on a new Highlander and kept the Previa. :ROFLMAO: I still rarely see them drive the Highlander, it's always the Previa!

Back