1967 Ford Fairlane 500 XL

There was only one 67 Fairlane in our high school parking lot. It was a gold 2 door with cragar ET wheels. The big block 427 would surely bring the groceries home in a big hurry. There were not a lot of the 67 Fairlane 2 doors around where I live.

Love that body style but I'm a sucker for any car that has vertical headlights. I had a 65 four door Galaxie I drove to high school had a 289 and if I remember correctly a two speed auto or it only had L and D on the column shifter, to long ago to remember for sure.

I had a 65 Comet 2 dr with a stick on the column and a 200 ci 6cyl. It was a very economical car and had AC and still got over 22mpg in town and 26 on the highway. White on the body and a black vinyl top. You could change the oil from the top of the motor. Drain was on the side of the pan and filter stuck out on the driver side of the motor. You could almost stand next to the motor since there was so much room under the hood with that 6 in it.

I like the 427 fender badges. My 1969 F100 had a HI-PO 390 in it. It also had similar fender badges, only they read 390.

F100 390.jpg

Back