1968 Yenko Camaro RS/SS

1 of a purported 64 Yenko Super Camaros made for 1968
1 of 11 RS/SS Yenko Camaros made in 1968

YIKES! If that dont get your blood pumping faster ..... you are dead. Wow! Those Yenkos and the Motion Super Cars were some of the hottest Chevys one could find back in the late 60s and 70s. I have seen a couple Yenko Chevelles at shows. Never once have seen one of the Joel Rosen Baldwin-Motion Super Cars any place in person. They are likely under lock and key and chained gates. Check out the story of the famous WANTED Baldwin-Motion Camaro stolen from auto writer Joe Oldham in 1969. Never recovered so he and his sons finally built a new one...

Can you imagine, you're 18 years old, just graduated from H.S., you're going to college, and your parents are buying you ANY car you want. You go to a Yenko Chevy dealership in Penn. and pick this BEAUTY!
I LIKE all Yenko's, but this is by far my favorite!
Right: Young kids pulled lots of stunts too. Dad could never keep a car or truck longer than 2 years old. Not really bad cause once I was driving he handed some down my way and if not I still got to borrow most of them unless he realize what monster motor was between the front tires since he bought 90% of them used and never saw an order sheet with options.
Even Jay Leno pulled his share of stunts. Jay shared the wild story where he once went to take delivery of a new Ford with his Dad. Only issue was Dad found out the 1966 Ford that Jay got a hold of the order sheet for and marked up the options was not the sedate Ford Galaxie he intended. It turned out to be the Ford Galaxie 7 Litre with the mufflers deleted! LOL

Back