1966 Chevelle

Well it sounds good - i will give it that.

I wonder if in the 6 years after this he's fixed either the suspension or driveway so it doesn't take 3 minutes to get it over the curb every time....
Needs to invest in one of these. ;)

Just being beside the 69 Boss 429 was a historical event in automotive history. Ford released only 859 of those. Most were never tagged for street us due to drag race teams scooping them up…
Mechanics hated to work on them because you nearly had to remove those engines as they were really stuffed between the fenders. Lot of folks did not want to see those lined up against them anywhere, road or dragstrip. Usually all you saw within seconds of lift off was the back side of a 429 monster.

Mechanics hated to work on them because you nearly had to remove those engines as they were really stuffed between the fenders. Lot of folks did not want to see those lined up against them anywhere, road or dragstrip. Usually all you saw within seconds of lift off was the back side of a 429 monster.
I’m 65 years old and never saw one on the street, even in 1969. Only on the drag strip. 859 cars produced. I’d bet good money that the only “mechanics” changing plugs in a 1969 429 Boss Mustang were in the pit crew. As I can recall an outsourced shop widened the engine bay by cutting down and reinforcing the shock towers. Also the spark plugs were positioned much higher since it was a hemispherical head. I doubt it was any harder than plugs in a V8 Maverick.

Ridiculous.
The guy can't even pull out of his relatively flat driveway. Not to mention that the lopey cam sounds great at the drag strip but is just obnoxious in a family neighborhood.

That is a pretty Chevelle though.
ha was thinking the same thing two minutes to get it on the road.

I’m 65 years old and never saw one on the street, even in 1969. Only on the drag strip. 859 cars produced. I’d bet good money that the only “mechanics” changing plugs in a 1969 429 Boss Mustang were in the pit crew. As I can recall an outsourced shop widened the engine bay by cutting down and reinforcing the shock towers. Also the spark plugs were positioned much higher since it was a hemispherical head. I doubt it was any harder than plugs in a V8 Maverick.
I'm 66 years old and never saw one on the street, even in 1969. Not even on the drag strips. 859 cars produced. Lots of other cars had low production numbers. The Boss 429s were actually made to satisfy certain racing rules that demanded so many cars be made and sold before being allowed to race.

To each their own i guess.

I don't hate it, I pretty much hate the wheels though.

Some of the other videos it looks like a ton of effort was put into the car, but it is not how i would have done it if it was mine, since it isn't mine and is his he gets to do it his way.

As a general rule I don't care for modern colors on old cars, they just don't look right to me. Something about the old colors works with old lines and the solids without metallic are rare on modern cars.

But it takes all kinds to make the world go round and some one has the be the Mark Worman crowd (Restoration) and some one has to be the Dave Kindig (not restoration) crowd.

You can put me mostly in the Mark Worman crowd, if there was a Mark Woman for Mustangs and old Ford Trucks. but i can respect the craftsmanship either way....

about as bad azz as one can get...

Not a fan of the wheels but I like that year Chevelle. I knew a guy in college who had a Marina blue 66 Chevelle with a 283 in it. It was a pretty nice car.

Ridiculous.
The guy can't even pull out of his relatively flat driveway. Not to mention that the lopey cam sounds great at the drag strip but is just obnoxious in a family neighborhood.

That is a pretty Chevelle though.
It sits so low ....... he can only turn the wheel so far before it rubs .

I had a butternut yellow 67. Drove several at the dealership and this one was the only one that would get rubber when you hit fourth. Car was really fast, went to the yellow river drag strip with it many times. It ran 13.20's all day with a best of 13.19, car never failed to win it's class. Those were the days.

Attachments

• 1967 Chevelle (1).jpg
    1967 Chevelle (1).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 9
I had a butternut yellow 67. Drove several at the dealership and this one was the only one that would get rubber when you hit fourth. Car was really fast, went to the yellow river drag strip with it many times. It ran 13.20's all day with a best of 13.19, car never failed to win it's class. Those were the days.
One of my favorite colors. Chevy used the color for at least 4 years. Many of the finest restored Chevelles from 66-69 I have seen are done in that same color.

If you are a fan of all muscle cars or brands like me. I hope you will enjoy these. (429 Boss + Ultra rare/only (2) factory Mercury 429 Boss) : https://macsmotorcitygarage.com/secrets-of-the-ford-boss-429-v8/

I have never been one of those "my brand better than yours guys." You dont sound like one either. :unsure:

I loved , followed , read and hung out at tracks / drag strips + car shows in just the hopes of seeing any of the really rare ones. Followed and liked them all from AMC - Buicks - Olds - Pontiacs - Ford + Mercury and even Mopars. Scariest trip I ever took down a straight road was in late 70s in a friends modified Mercury Cougar someone had rigged with a 429SCJ. You could say I was extremely ready to get out of that car when he was done showing off what it was capable of and having his great big laugh at seeing me turn white.

If you are a fan of all muscle cars or brands like me. I hope you will enjoy these. (429 Boss + Ultra rare/only (2) factory Mercury 429 Boss) : https://macsmotorcitygarage.com/secrets-of-the-ford-boss-429-v8/

I have never been one of those "my brand better than yours guys." You dont sound like one either. :unsure:

I loved , followed , read and hung out at tracks / drag strips + car shows in just the hopes of seeing any of the really rare ones. Followed and liked them all from AMC - Buicks - Olds - Pontiacs - Ford + Mercury and even Mopars. Scariest trip I ever took down a straight road was in late 70s in a friends modified Mercury Cougar someone had rigged with a 429SCJ. You could say I was extremely ready to get out of that car when he was done showing off what it was capable of and having his great big laugh at seeing me turn white.
Agreed. My running group didn’t have the funds for the most current cars but we could afford the “hand me down” cars that had some use and abuse. Those cars needed a lot of attention so engine, trans, and rear end swaps were common. Some surprised opponents along the way perhaps because they discounted the abilities of 17 year olds and strong running cars. This early hobby led led me to automotive tech school, dealership mechanic, and then to municipal fleet management. Thankfully I always had employment (my wife has always worked too).

Agreed. My running group didn’t have the funds for the most current cars but we could afford the “hand me down” cars that had some use and abuse. Those cars needed a lot of attention so engine, trans, and rear end swaps were common. Some surprised opponents along the way perhaps because they discounted the abilities of 17 year olds and strong running cars. This early hobby led led me to automotive tech school, dealership mechanic, and then to municipal fleet management. Thankfully I always had employment (my wife has always worked too).
I envy the career you had. It is the trail I hoped to end up on but with two young sons early I had to jump when other opportunity knocked.
I had the chance of good paying industrial work and had to take the security + benefits. Made 30 yrs there only to be forced out due to health issues. For my loyalty they saw to it I left with a very generous early retirement/health ins package. Lots of places just toss folks after years. A shame. Only got to do cars for fun on the side and to help friends and family in my limited off times. Never charged for my repairs only for the parts with the request they pay it forward if / when they could by helping others. I have a real supportive wife who encouraged my lust for cars + boats even though I could not afford the big cui/high horse monsters that are in the unobtainum price range. You know about that. Collected the ones we liked the looks of and did no racing. I rebuilt some but once we had them right, liked to obsess over the detailing , riding , cruising and car shows. Owned (5) collectors. Chevys - 72 Malibu / three 76 Chevelle S3 models (1 stolen not recovered) / 72 Cutlass I curse myself still about selling in the 80s! Even an 86 Monte Carlo SS (stolen - recovered - stolen - never seen again!) I kick myself a for passing on a super rare Pontiac (one of my favorites from the smog era) 1977 LeMans Sports coupe Can Am with 19,000mi. To me one of the neatest looking of the 70s.
I have 2 buddies who did almost all you did. Once they gave up the wrenches , One ended up Parts + Service Manager for Chevrolet (retired) and the other became one of Chevrolet's top salemen in the gulf south region (retired now too). They both made good $$$ and got out before all the auto company melt downs / buy outs / lay offs etc....

Back