1966 Chevelle SS396 Promotional Video

Awesome video and long! Those 66 Chevelle big blocks would really bring the groceries home in a hurry. I liked the style of the 67, 68, and 69 Chevelle a lot better but you have to start with something. I would have rather seen an Olds 442 in the group instead of that Ford GT.

Haha ha. Reminded me of an episode from the Tv show GET SMART (of all names) from the late 60s. Oh so many bad Tv shows in that era. Strange times for sure. Chrysler / Plymouth / Dodge used to have some wild and way out ads during those times. Flower Power and the wild paint jobs.
OMG. I can just imagine all the lawsuits and media moaning over the exploitation of the poor "go go" girl today.

If they had used the standard 325hp 396 things would have turned out different in that add. That 396 was not all that fast.

All the cars in that add are neat. Finding one today in a barn is exciting. Will people be excited to find a Kia in a barn in 50 years?

It's been a long time since I've seen a car commercial include an actual performance competition. Most recent I can remember is when the Ford Edge came out and they showed it beating a BMW X5 through the quarter mile.

Listen to those V8s roar. The good old days.

If they had used the standard 325hp 396 things would have turned out different in that add. That 396 was not all that fast.

All the cars in that add are neat. Finding one today in a barn is exciting. Will people be excited to find a Kia in a barn in 50 years?
The 357hp 396 would have even been better! Probably wouldn't be too excited about a Kia however a Hellcat, Corvette, or ZL-Camaro would do make an awesome barn find. In 50 years those cars would be slow too. Arrgh...the cycle goes on and on............

Back