16 year old coolant 179K miles Toyota 2.4l 2AZ-FE. A few questions about changing coolant.

16 years on a modern Toyota P-OAT coolant is not that much, there's plenty of Toyota's at 16 years and 180K miles with the original coolant that are fine. Unless you see sediment, or any other problems with the old coolant I would just refill with new P-OAT coolant and call it a day.
Doesn't make it a wise idea. Your still pushing the envelope whether Toyota or any other brand.

Coolant cap is really independent of anything else and should be checked periodically anyway.

Pressure washing a condenser or radiator is a great way to bend all the fins.
Yup def DONT do this. Engine won't cool as well & back up fan will work harder.

Doesn't make it a wise idea. Your still pushing the envelope whether Toyota or any other brand.
Pushed the envelope for sure ..tho my Dad hasn't done a coolant change on his 07 F150 yet either / 142k mis. He's great w/ all else so that baffles me. He's a retired engineer as well. He knows better.

Don't flush with anything. Just dump the old coolant and refill with Toyota brand long life coolant. I have 307,000 miles on my Tacoma, same water pump from the factory. That is all you need to do.
You on borrowed time w/that water pump ..unless you've been very good bout changing that cooling on a very reg basis . Still.

You are correct. I am fastidious about changing my coolant ON TIME, and using ONLY Toyota brand Pink Long Life Antifreeze. For 13 years. And keeping my antifreeze topped off at all times. How long does it take you to check all your fluids at one time? Not too long. Mileage now up to 316,000 miles. No sign of quit. Except my wife complaining that I kept the truck too long.

Back