15W-40 in new 4Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run it in both of mine, no issues if in temp range..I see Delvac has a sale on 15/40 Extreme 17.99 -$9.00 rebate

🎣🎣.

It will get much hotter inside the engine than it does in the south. Your VVT should tell you after a while if this was a wise decision.

In the meantime , goodbye 😈

I've run it in both of mine, no issues if in temp range..I see Delvac has a sale on 15/40 Extreme 17.99 -$9.00 rebate
awesome. i know youre a big fan of that 0w40. ive learned a lot thru your posts!

15W40 is normal, Penrite 40-70 would be interesting. Maybe you could get some from Oz.
holy moly. is that grade even legal?

here i thought i was a tuff guy by running a 40 grade.

OZs know what a true manly grade is

🎣🎣.

It will get much hotter inside the engine than it does in the south. Your VVT should tell you after a while if this was a wise decision.

In the meantime , goodbye 😈
im sure it'll be fine

Attachments

• ED7F5CC3-E8D5-4E4C-B937-A44C6CBCFC32.jpeg
    ED7F5CC3-E8D5-4E4C-B937-A44C6CBCFC32.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 62
man
They also make a 25W70 if you want top notch cold start protection. If you want fuel economy at all cost go for a 20W50.
the Aussies get all the cool oils. curious to know any vehicles you know spec'd for this grade?

15w40 and full synthetic... match made in Heaven! Was glad to see the Delvac and T6 15w40's available a few years back.
I would've stuck with the 0w, 5w, or 10w in the 40 grade. I like being able to crank engine with 1/2 dead battery. Nothing wrong with full synthetic 40 grade oils. I ran 15w50 in a chain SOHC V6 for Maine/NH/VT winters so you're not even daring with that 15w40 in a hot climate.

15w40 and full synthetic... match made in Heaven! Was glad to see the Delvac and T6 15w40's available a few years back.
I would've stuck with the 0w, 5w, or 10w in the 40 grade. I like being able to crank engine with 1/2 dead battery. Nothing wrong with full synthetic 40 grade oils. I ran 15w50 in a chain SOHC V6 for Maine/NH/VT winters so you're not even daring with that 15w40 in a hot climate.

will report back. plan on doing a Blackstone just for fun.

I don't even know how they make a full synthetic 15W40 considering the viscosity of Group III base stocks. @Sonofsonof would have the answer but it sounds strange. Isn't it a blend?

holy moly. is that grade even legal?

here i thought i was a tuff guy by running a 40 grade.

OZs know what a true manly grade is
It's the only oil grade they use in the MFP fleet for those long high speed presuits. 😆

Mad Max Police - MFP (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back