14 years and 200K baby!

Today wifey's 2006 Acura TSX with the mighty K24 turned 200K. I consider all our cars Sue's, she can drive whatever she likes.
She drives her trusty TSX. I have serviced it regularly, usually 5,000 OCI (Mobil1 5w30 mostly), transmission @25K, etc.
It did leave her stranded once when an ignition coil failed. It's been a great car.
I never check the oil; it does not burn a drop. I could drive it to New York right now.
PXL_20201117_221432846.jpg

Wish I could find that car.

Then again since I quit driving 10 year old ones havent had many issues.

The worst was my 2011 forester deciding to spit a starter bolt on the garage floor randomly..
day after I returned from a 900mile round trip to Canada fishing... towed the boat too.

That would have been an issue losing it on the way somewhere.

I feel the same way about 'Spot' our 2003 Accord. Its at ~230k, but I wouldn't hesitate to take it across country if needed. It's ugly, its worn, but it works, runs, and drives just as good as it always has.

Periodic maintenance and mechanical sympathy goes a long way to making things last.

...the mighty K24...
I never check the oil; it does not burn a drop.
Something definitely doesn't add up here...

The K24, the one that is notorious for piston rings and excessive oil consumption, right?

Criticism aside, 200K is always a satisfying milestone. It looks like you've taken care of it. Congrats!

The K24, the one that is notorious for piston rings and excessive oil consumption, right?

Criticism aside, 200K is always a satisfying milestone. It looks like you've taken care of it. Congrats!
I never check the oil in mine for the same reason...280k and it doesn't burn a drop. Maybe it's a k24a2 thing?

I've serviced it from day 1 with mostly M1 5w30; high mileage after maybe 80K. M1, Wix or Fram XG filters.
Once I accidently grabbed the jug of Idemitsu 0w20 and dumped it in. She loved it.
I ran M1 5w20 for 30K or more on Acura's advice, but just went back to the 5w30 which is called for on the oil cap.

The maintenance minder is at 40% and the oil is nice and yellow, right to the top line on the stick.
I adjusted the valves and put a starter in almost 2 years ago; the started was dragging. I replaced the ignition coils as well.
Water pump arounf 130K? Not sure. It was starting to leak.

I service 2 other TSXs, both 2007s which was the last year of this generation. On has 90K and was serviced at quickie lubes. I will go through a quart in 4,500 miles. The other is at about 140K, unknown service history, probably dealer. It goes through 1/2 quart in 4,500 miles.

Our car is perfect.

I never check the oil in mine for the same reason...280k and it doesn't burn a drop. Maybe it's a k24a2 thing?
I just gave myself a crash course on K24 engines. I didn't realize there were so many variants. You may be right. I know I've serviced a few K24A8s that were all very thirsty. Never serviced an A2...

Nice! At 215k on my 05 Liberty and 195k on my LR3. Would drive either across country, off road, through any condition right now. Both have been solid and rust free!

I couldn’t go without checking the oil heck it seems everyday I check the oil in our cars even my moms 2017 Camry. My dads car is an oil user so we always have to have extra on hand for it. But the ones that do run could easily make it cross country with no issues but I wouldn’t take my truck far I hate putting miles on it.

Back