$14.83 for Harley Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
boraticus,if you did not have any information about a harley oil filter, you should just keep your mouth shut.people on here dont care about your opinions.your obivious new to this site,if you have read past post we do not bash other peoples bikes on here.its time for you to go.

.its time for you to go.

Pardon?

Now, let me guess what you're going to say next...

I bet it will have something to do with personal harm or a threat of some sort right?

Lighten up bud. I'm certain that most readers aren't as sensitive as you are about your bike. By the way, maybe you can point out where I was "bashing other people's bikes".

You got cool Harley riders, and cool sport-bike riders. Usually you meet them far from home either on-tour, or looong day-rides.
Around town, too many posers of both genre, low-milage riders who are more concerned about showing off than actually riding.

I think that the Harley riders tend to get more attention due to a "lifestyle" dress-code that's more about biker-fashion than protection, and obnoxious straight pipes that really pi$$ the non-riding public off.

Plenty of young squids too, that lack the maturity for a 150hp sport-bike and ride recklessly in traffic. Then it's those "dangerous" motorcycles' fault when they plow into a parked car while doing a stand-up wheelie in traffic wearing a wife-beater, shorts and sneakers.

Too much emotion on both sides IMHO.

Ride More, Worry Less

Originally Posted By: PT1
Originally Posted By: live_to_hunt
This thread is 10 pages long.. I am guessing no one has used a WIX filter on your Harleys.. So I will stick with the Harley filter..

me too...just way easier.

Just get the black Harley filters for $8.99....just 3 bux or so difference compared to a Wix. I have by the way used a ST3600 on my 06 Electraglide and one time a Motorcraft. Looked strange but worked fine.

Originally Posted By: seldont
This thread is 10 pages long.. I am guessing no one has used a WIX filter on your Harleys.. So I will stick with the Harley filter..

Just get the black Harley filters for $8.99....just 3 bux or so difference compared to a Wix. I have by the way used a ST3600 on my 06 Electraglide and one time a Motorcraft. Looked strange but worked fine.
I allmost forgot that this was a filter thread. HE HE HE HA HA

Originally Posted By: porkchop01

I allmost forgot that this was a filter thread. HE HE HE HA HA

Yeah, I did too til I reread most of the thread. Too many people worried about about what someone else rides. If you like it ride it.

Originally Posted By: boraticus
Why so many anti Harley people here?

Not anti-Harley.

More anti-noisy-parking lot-Charlie Manson-Village People look-alike-wannabe-side show.

Unfortunately, Harley happens to be their idol of worship. Kind of drags the mark down with them.....
Well lets see here, Dont hear any Harley riders bashing the snobs on Honda's for wearing shorts and flip flops on a bike. Leathers give protection from road rash if you go down. So why do you realy hate Harley's? Is it because you arent man enough for one,or cant afford one?

See, there you go: "Mine's better 'cause it cost more." Many Harley riders only buy them as a "status" symbol. Another way to try to stroke their ego. Most "motorcyclists" don't hate Harleys, just some of the egotistical, know-nothing, elitist, poser, wannabe snobs that ride them.

"Look Mrytle, now that we have a Harley, we are born to be wild."

Originally Posted By: ZGRider

Not anti-Harley.

More anti-noisy-parking lot-Charlie Manson-Village People look-alike-wannabe-side show.

Unfortunately, Harley happens to be their idol of worship. Kind of drags the mark down with them.....
Well lets see here, Dont hear any Harley riders bashing the snobs on Honda's for wearing shorts and flip flops on a bike. Leathers give protection from road rash if you go down. So why do you realy hate Harley's? Is it because you arent man enough for one,or cant afford one?

See, there you go: "Mine's better 'cause it cost more." Many Harley riders only buy them as a "status" symbol. Another way to try to stroke their ego. Most "motorcyclists" don't hate Harleys, just some of the egotistical, know-nothing, elitist, poser, wannabe snobs that ride them.

OOOOOHHHH!!!!!

I just buy them on line and they are a few bucks cheaper. Or my dealer runs 20-25% off sales events in December and sometimes sends me a $10 off coupon so I use that and go buy a few to knock the price down.

Originally Posted By: ZGRider

Not anti-Harley.

How do you know why people buy Harleys? Sounds like you are a very jealous person. The sportbike types seem to be a very hateful and jealous group. Always bashing for no good reason.

You are correct. I will never understand Harley Davidson.

To me, they are a noisy, overly expensive compilation of glitzy chromed parts mounted on a heavy chassis around an anachronism of an engine whose manufacturer is trying to convince the world that it's the only "real" motorcycle. Other than look good, they generally do nothing really well except empty bank accounts.

I'll buy some of your argument but I still won't buy a Harley. Even at available bargain basement prices.

Having an acute and clear understanding of what motorcycles are and should be, Harleys fall short in my assessment. Add the 'Village People' regalia and antics of far too many Harley owners to the equation and the picture is complete.

Enjoy your riding. I just got back from an 80 mile back roads ride on my '74 RD350. Most fun you can have with your clothes on.
n

80 mile ride, WOW and you slam G_Man for his mileage. My wife and I got back from a small putt 350 miles. 80 miles is laughable and we ride those HDs you so dislike at least we ride our bikes. I get a big kick of the anti HD crowd all worried about how a Harley rider washes his/her bike or not or how some HD riders dress or how they look. Hey do what you want wear ride and wash and chrome as you please I don't give a [censored] about your insignificant opinion. Ride the bike of your choice and enjoy yourself and this Harley bashing just comes across as some veiled juvenile Harley Davidson envy.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Some people just cannot stand an American Company success story.

I don't think that is the driver for the Harley bashing...it is just some ridiculous insecurity about whatever non-Harley bike they are riding. I think many got snubbed by a Harley rider at one time. There are plenty of idiots who think they are the "original" Harley bikers who snub other Harley riders/owners because they ar not "real bikers" based on the mileage they ride anually or thier profession or lack of tatoos or yada yada yada. The whole concept of bashing someone for their choice of transportation is silly. People choose what suits them based on their budget and a very wide variety of factors that include their political beliefs, enviornmental opinions, fashion & style and the list goes on and on.

it is just some ridiculous insecurity about whatever non-Harley bike they are riding.

I'm quite secure about the motorcycle I ride.

It's me I'm insecure about ... check this out:

Geek.jpg

It's official -- I deserve 100% of the ridicule and scorn in the biker world. The rest of you? Just ride!
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: TucsonDon
It's official -- I deserve 100% of the ridicule and scorn in the biker world. The rest of you? Just ride!
banana2.gif

Get some real riding boots TD!
48.gif

12.gif
35.gif
I can't believe this HD vs Sportbike vs US vs Import vs my-bike-is-better-than-yours discussion is still going on, with some overtones into how many miles a real rider makes... Like was said already, enjoy what you ride and get out there and do it responsibly, whether it's for 10 miles or 1,000.
cheers3.gif
Heck, 10 miles on my CBR125R sometimes feels like 100
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: craigq
Get some real riding boots TD!
48.gif

What? Those are genuine Prada riding boots!!
grin2.gif

Some day. For now, they work. They're actually pretty good hiking boots -- Ecco, GoreTex, etc. But they look awful with the black mesh pants!

Originally Posted By: TusconDon
It's me I'm insecure about ... check this out:
grin2.gif
You pretty much cover all the bases, for others scorn, don't you?

I went to a smaller ride/rally this last week-end here in Mn. Just over 1250 bikes.

There were crotch rocket riders camping right next to us, Goldwings riders too, trikes, and riders on just about every brand made.

Somehow we all got along and had alot of fun.

That's what motorcycling is about to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back