137 diesel treat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So additives that say they disperse water work the same(in dealing with water) as the ones that say they emulsify water?

So a dispersant can keep water spread out through the fuel, but keep it where it can easily be removed by a water removing filter. While an emulsifier actually mixes the fuel with water and makes it difficult to remove. Is that correct?

23. Allow moisture to be rapidly separated from the fuel.
24. Dispersion of water present in diesel fuel in order to prevent fuel icing and other problems associated with water.

How is it possible to do both? Is dispersion the same as emulsification?

The water dispersion action of Diesel Treat puts the water into very small droplets and coats them with a lubricant for problem-free passage through the water separator, filters, and injectors.

If there's too much water in the fuel for the volume of dispersion chemicals, the remaining water is coalesced to it's easily captured in the water separator.

All this according to Phil Hamilton of Schaeffer.

Ken

quote:

The water dispersion action of Diesel Treat puts the water into very small droplets and coats them with a lubricant for problem-free passage through the water separator, filters, and injectors.

Wouldn't that be a stable fuel/water emulsion? It also says:
26. Prevention of the formation of stable fuel-water emulsions.

I'm still missing something. 23,24, and 26 (from the #137ND diesel treat) still appear to me to contradict each other. Can anyone explain this to me?

I agree, it could be better written. Diesel Treat will prevent a stable fuel/water emulsion in excess of what it can coat and pass through the separator. Excess water will not be emulsified; it will be made to separate in the water separator. In any case, it works. Schaeffer is the U.S.'s third largest independent manufacturer of fuel additives, mainly sold to independent refineries and fuel jobbers and distributors.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back