132-LC brew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using M1 10W30 for a long while, it seems. This add brew is enticing; one benefit is to increase viscosity of this oil specifically. I drive in SoCal sometimes when its over 100 F, and M1 will definitely burn a little under those conditions. The question I have is whether the cold vis. is also increased, and if so how much? Has anyone used it in an engine that has cold piston slap, and did it make any difference? A lot of folks in the SHO community don't use M1 because of this problem.
Mike

The cold temp vis is not affected appreciably in a 3:1 ratio of 132 to LC when added to 4-5 quarts of oil.

My understanding of the Cold Slap problem is that it is one of "writs-pin" offset design and not oil viscosity. However, starting with a thicker (higher viscosity) oil does reduce the slap.

The combination of wear addtitivies and the carrier/surfactant in the 132, has reduced piston slap in a number of vehicles.

Mike Thompson ,
I've started running this 'brew' at the end of last winter.I never noticed any adverse cold-start problems during any run that I've been associated with.I have this 'brew' in 6 different vehicles as we speak.
The only * I can give is that I run more LC than the 'brew' might call for.I run 8oz of #132+ 1 oz/quart for the sump capacity.A little more LC than Terry & MolaKule reccomend,but less than Odis Beaver calls for.

* I'm not the GURU to quote here. Terry & MolaKule are the Big Dawgs!
Mark

OK, we need a proper name for this concoction. 'The Brew' just wont cut it any more.

My suggestions:
MolaBrew
Odis Brau
Terryweiser

cheers.gif

I have yet to try the full brew. Haven't used LC or FP yet but I find that just a little 132 gives very good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back