11oz bottles now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a great ideal that should be more prevalent. I still got bottles of Penzoil HD 30 (VINTAGE PYB) with "PureBase" sitting around from a mower oil change years ago. Smaller bottles would help prevent my shelves from becoming the Wal-Mart oil isle.

Last edited:
I keep a small rubbermaid tote in my trunk that contains various travel necessities - small tool kit, tire plug kit, some shop towels, some microfiber towels, small bottle of spray detailer, etc... and a quart bottle of oil for the random urgent top-off. One of these 11-oz bottles might be a good way to keep the top-off oil on hand, and still conserve space.

11 ounces is about what a Honda mower takes. If nothing else, you could buy the bottle to use as an easy measuring device for all future mower oil changes.

I keep a Briggs and Stratton 18 ounce bottle and a Honda 12 ounce bottle for this reason. Just fill it back up when you change the oil and you are ready for the next oil change.

I dont find a that a bottle of other oil takes up much more space, so I will just keep a half quart of Pennz or Mobil in my trunk for top offs if I ever need, rather then SMB brand..

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I dont find a that a bottle of other oil takes up much more space, so I will just keep a half quart of Pennz or Mobil in my trunk for top offs if I ever need, rather then SMB brand..

Be careful, I used to do this with Pennzoil Platinum sitting behind the driver's seat and it ended up spilling. I think the motions of the car opened the top. So, I then kept an unopened quart from then on.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Perfect for auto dealerships it says in the description haha. Wouldn't the 50 gallon drum also be perfect?

Why bother with the hassle? Just keep 582 of these 11-oz bottles on hand. You'll even end up with and extra 2 ounces at the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back