11,000 mile Fram FE10575 C&P

Thanks for the pics.

Those LT-style 4.3s aren't too shabby of a motor. Decent power out of them and pretty stellar fuel economy, could easily get 23-24 on a long highway drive.
He tows regularly few hours at a time. Drives everywhere no complaints on power. I believe truck said he is averaging 16 mpg however he uses it altogether

Brendan - can you post a side view of one you ran so folks can see the difference?
I only have new FE10575's at the moment.
here it is.

IMG_7781.jpeg

IMG_7780.jpeg

IMG_7779.jpeg

IMG_7778.jpeg

So, if I have this right, it's a labeled FE filter with no wire backing, likely XG media? If so, no bueno. Yeah, media looks ok but still not right. FB pulling a fast one here. Paying for full synthetic, getting a blended media. :poop: If true, seems folks buying the FE now need to check for wire backing before purchase.

Thanks for c&p.

So, if I have this right, it's a labeled FE filter with no wire backing, likely XG media? If so, no bueno. Yeah, media looks ok but still not right. FB pulling a fast one here. Paying for full synthetic, getting a blended media. :poop: If true, seems folks buying the FE now need to check for wire backing before purchase.

Thanks for c&p.
You have that right. Will confirm after wicked when cut apart

I trust your firsthand observation but will also welcome the pics of the media to prove what majority posting here noticed.

My observation, pleating 'appears' too narrow to be full synthetic media.
I agree 100 percent and was surprised but glad this has metal backing.

I agree 100 percent and was surprised but glad this has metal backing.
OK Actually, a good thing it is what it is labeled to be. Honestly, I cannot see wire backing on the seam pleat. But, I don't feel so bad since you didn't recognize it while having the filter. :)

Thanks for update and c&p.

The backing in the Endurance may be able to bend easier to make tighter pleats, so the pleats look thinner on the FE than the OG Ultra pleats looked.

Lol you guys complaining of thin pleats from a wire backed filter? Open a StrataPore filter and you'll see thinner pleats with wire backing. At the every least Fleetguard is generous enough to pack it to the brim instead being anemic compared to FirstBrands.

Very interesting. This proves you cannot judge a filer by its looks.

I still have a couple of questions, but probably we will never know. One of them is why no date code on the subject filter. Did it rub off?

Very interesting. This proves you cannot judge a filer by its looks.

I still have a couple of questions, but probably we will never know. One of them is why no date code on the subject filter. Did it rub off?
Agreed. It did not rub off. I wasnt looking for it when I put the filter on new, but it's in a pretty sheltered location unless heat took it off in use.

Back