10w-40 motor oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I thought those small B&S motors used splash oiling (no pump), so thickness should have a much more pronounced effect.

Motorbike,

Thank you for bringing up a valid point and not simply bashing the HDEO's...
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by n8wvi:

quote:

Originally posted by Jelly:
You're probably gonna destroy your engine though!
rolleyes.gif

Why do you say that?

Dave

Some people on the board were saying that running a HDEO in a gas engine was absolutely awful and would lead to all sorts of bad things...

quote:

Originally posted by Al:

quote:

Originally posted by ncirish:
Is there any another blend that would be better (Mobil Drive Clean Plus comes to mind)?
Thanks guys!!

Well this is a 15W-40, but it is good stuff. Schaeffer's

I think Ryan00J posted a UOA of this oil and that thing was loaded with additives. I like it....at least on paper!

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:

quote:

Originally posted by therion:

When i use Delvac 1300S in the summer (15W-40 HDDEO) i notice that the car idles smoother and settles to an idle faster than with the maxlife so for most of the year delvac is in the crankcase unless it gets too cold.

Your perception of your car engine idle is deceiving and there is an easy , cheap test to quantify that it is the viscosity laboring the engine .

Ok, I don't want to sound like a smarty pants, becuase I'm still learning all of this stuff. But how can he "destroy his engine" when Jaguar recommends up to a 20w50 for his engine, which is thicker than a 15w40 ?

Therion, correct me if I'm wrong, but you have an X300, yes ? I have heard from some Jag owners and websites that Jaguar have changed their recommended oil viscosities for the X300 AJ16 engine and now recommend 20w50 all year round. 10w40 and 15w40 are also recommended as a year round oil, depending on climate.

Is Royal Purple 10w40 a good oil? Is it a full synthetic?

I've always wanted a API certified 10w40. Too bad Amsoil and Redline aren't. Mobil 1 doesn't make it. Syntec is group-III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back