10W-30 Motor Oils Comparison

jurko

Site Donor 2022
10W-30 Oils.jpg

10-30 synthetics are my favs for cars + pickup here in PA!! thanks for posting that info

I think the main question is "who sponsored/performed this test"? My money is on HPL! Might be a good idea to add Amsoil's superior AME SAE 10W30/SAE 30 to the list-I bet it beats HPL in a few categories, instead of using the weaker SSO.
Yes, he did miss the Amsoil. Supposedly it’s free of viscosity modifiers altogether.

I do greatly prefer oils that are available on the shelf at Walmart. Or at least a local store, in the case of certain less-common oils.

I think the main question is "who sponsored/performed this test"? My money is on HPL! Might be a good idea to add Amsoil's superior AME SAE 10W30/SAE 30 to the list-I bet it beats HPL in a few categories, instead of using the weaker SSO.

That makes more sense, let's then ask the OP where he found this information he has posted.

not sure about this table. just looking at the vii numbers it doesn't make sense.

Red Line and specifically Amsoil SS 10W30 should have VERY low vii based on what I've read on bitog.

So HPL a non factor, Ponzi/pyramid marketed like a 'Tupperware', 'Herbalife', 'Amway', 'Mary Kay' and Amsoil.
Not even close. Don’t confuse your ignorance of a company’s products with a lack of quality.

They make very good oil, focused on racing, not necessarily the consumer market, and they don’t advertise.

But they make great oil. They’ve been discussed on BITOG, and they are a BITOG sponsor.

Not even close. Don’t confuse your ignorance of a company’s products with a lack of quality.

They make very good oil, focused on racing, not necessarily the consumer market, and they don’t advertise.

But they make great oil. They’ve been discussed on BITOG, and they are a BITOG sponsor.

Attachments

• HPL PCEO.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • HPL HDEO.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 15

Whoa! I will not stand for you questioning the quality of Tupperware brand products. My multi colored plastic drinking cups have been in the family for generations....GENERATIONS I say!!

Schaeffer 7000: .87 / 62-72 / 10-12 / VII 147 / HTHS 3.27
Yes, he did miss the Amsoil. Supposedly it’s free of viscosity modifiers altogether.
True; Amsoil's 10w-30 was formulated as a straight-30, but was able to pass the requirements for a 10w.

He also missed Schaeffer 7000, which is also a very good oil.

Guess one person can't get them all.

Schaeffer 7000: .87 / 62-72 / 10-12 / VII 147 / HTHS 3.27

True; Amsoil's 10w-30 was formulated as a straight-30, but was able to pass the requirements for a 10w.

He also missed Schaeffer 7000, which is also a very good oil.

Guess one person can't get them all.
Anyone can use Gokham G sheet and plot their favorite oils.

And...they make good oil for consumers too :)

Back