10k snuck up on me today so I checked the oil

Fully expecting the oil to be dirty and perhaps a little down.

Nope. Looked like it JUST came outta the bottle. Oil level spot on just like 10k ago.

14 Tundra 5.7 130k

Filter: Fram Ultra
Oil: Mobil 1 EP 0w20 and one bottle of Mobil 1 0w16 bc I'm stupid and grabbed the wrong bottle.

MPG is consistent at 17.1

Mobil 1 continues to amaze.

What is your driving style & habits? If it was all highway, unloaded, then it makes sense to me. It's a big sump after all.

What is your driving style & habits? If it was all highway, unloaded, then it makes sense to me. It's a big sump after all.
Mostly highway, about 10% dusty conditions....very little hauling and no towing

I do my own oil changes on all my cars, and every time I dump the oil, it's dark brown / black. It doesn't matter whether its been 1400 miles or 6000 (my range). Always wondered how peoples oil came out light colored or like when it was new.

Mine has old-fashioned port injection and big V8
If that were a direct injection engine, I imagine it would be a much different color when you drained it.

I’m experiencing similar color/results with my Toyota V6 engine (although I don’t go anywhere near as long in an oil change as you), but the color is always clean looking and I’m not using any oil.

My last two cars were direct injected...both experienced oil consumption, a little fuel dilution and the oil would get dark pretty quick.

Running 16/20 weight oil, going 10k miles on said oil. You don't deserve that vehicle, let alone any vehicle... :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: At least that's what some people (not me) are thinking !!

Tundra is a great truck. I love mine. Currently have the Mobil 1 EP 0w20 in mine for a 10,000 OCI as well.

Tundras are extremely well built and great trucks.

The old T 100s Toyota made were outstanding too I believe.

And Mobil 1 EP.... 0w20 is an outstanding oil for a very good price.

Just serviced our 2001 4.7L Tundra. 5,300 miles and 1 year. 204K miles on the clock.
Looked really clean on the dipstick; it was darker when drained. Filled with Kirkland 5w30 this time.

I love this truck; low cost of ownership and runs like new.

I use the 0w20 in the Camry for the Toyota-specced 10k runs (which ends up being about 6 months for me). It looks golden brown at time of replacement, and the level has never varied in any appreciable sense - same experience as you. I think it's as good an oil as any in its price range, and buys a bit of cushion for drains at 10k or so.

Back