10000 miles/1 year on this M1 EP oil filter

I laugh at guys like you who are so intelligent in your own mind, but never contribute anything of real worth to the board, just useless opinion with nothing to back it up with.

I chatted to show they won’t back up anything they claim in their advertising, and it did that.
Funny how product marketing and product "fine print" often don't match. By design or by design? :D;):cool:

I laugh at guys like you who are so intelligent in your own mind, but never contribute anything of real worth to the board, just useless opinion with nothing to back it up with.

I chatted to show they won’t back up anything they claim in their advertising, and it did that.
Yes I am a legend in my own mind for sure. I can hear the applause as I type😉.

I actually do contribute but I guess you wouldn’t know. Your too busy spamming new members posts.

Yes of course course they won’t back up their claims. I agree with that 100%

Run along now, let’s not get a thread
locked over your bickering and man tears.

Thing is, the Fram chat gal said to change the filter ever OCI ... but if someone did two short OCIs over the say a 10K OCI the manufacturer recommends, then leaving the filter in/on to 10K miles regardless if two OCIs were done would still fit Fram warranty language. There's noting in the warranty language the says "the filter must be changed at ever OCI".

Last edited:
Yes I am a legend in my own mind for sure. I can hear the applause as I type😉.

I actually do contribute but I guess you wouldn’t know. Your too busy spamming new members posts.

Yes of course course they won’t back up their claims. I agree with that 100%

Run along now, let’s not get a thread
locked over your bickering and man tears
Posting a picture of a new, intact Fram Ultra and its box is hardly a “contribution”. Don’t hurt your elbow patting yourself on the back.

Maybe you should check out some of ‘53 Stude’s posts if you want to learn how to do useful work.

Thing is, the Fram chat gal said to change the filter ever OCI ... but if someone did two short OCIs over the say a 10K OCI the manufacturer recommends, then leaving the filter in/on to 10K miles regardless if two OCIs were done would still fit Fram warranty language. There's noting in the warranty language the says "the filter must be changed at ever OCI".
Dawn from Fram said the filter had to be changed every time the oil was changed. That’s different than “every manufacturer OCI” for those of us who change oil early.

Dawn 12:41 PM
no, you must always change the filter when changing the oil
Chris 12:42 PM
what if I just drained the sump at 10,000 miles and did not disturb the filter, it is ok to use for the listed mileage?
Dawn 12:42 PM
You must always change filter when changing oil

Dawn from Fram said the filter had to be changed every time the oil was changed. That’s different than “every manufacturer OCI” for those of us who change oil early.
She's saying the filter must be changed every OCI. My example is if the recommended OCI is 10K miles, but if someone changed the oil at 5K miles, then from her viewpoint and response in her words, the oil filter must also be changed.

But I'm saying if the recommended oil and filter change is 10K miles, then technically the filter could be ran to 10K miles regardless if that was over 1 OCI or 5 OCIs. The Fram warranty would still technically apply in that case, because there is nothing specifically written in the Fram warranty text that says the filter much be "changed ever OCI" like she says. It only says the filter and engine damage is warranted for the vehicle's recommended change interval.

1667093217741.png

She's saying the filter must be changed every OCI. My example is if the recommended OCI is 10K miles, but if someone changed the oil at 5K miles, then from her viewpoint and response in her words, the oil filter must also be changed.

But I'm saying if the recommended oil and filter change is 10K miles, then technically the filter could be ran to 10K miles regardless if that was over 1 OCI or 5 OCIs. The Fram warranty would still technically apply in that case, because there is nothing specifically written in the Fram warranty text that says the filter much be "changed ever OCI" like she says. It only says the filter and engine damage is warranted for the vehicle's recommended change interval.

View attachment 123708
Yeah, we agree. Fram’s fine print and their help line don’t match up, either…

Back