10000 miles/1 year on this M1 EP oil filter

Got 10000 miles and 1 year on this Mobil 1 EP oil filter. Good for another 10,000 miles or time to throw it out?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 160
I have used bypass filtration and gone 40K without changing oil (with UOA for support); I say this to let you know how "crazy" I am in the world of BITOG. I have NEVER "reinstalled" a removed filter. Do whatever lets you sleep at night.

Thanks for your opinions. I always intended to replace it with a Fram Ultra, they look sturdier compared to this one. I just wanted to see what everyones take is. I would have never taken a filter out to put back in. Too much work for a dirty filter.

It would look like that at a 1000 miles.
Yes, and if you removed it at 1000 miles, it would be time to replace it then as well. You’re playing with fire by trusting a cartridge to be installed and removed multiple times. You’re obviously free to do whatever you want.

I just don’t want to have to read a post from you in a week saying your filter came apart and plugged the oil galleries and you now have a hot mess on your hands because you thought you were saving $7 by reusing the filter. ✌️

Replace the filter.
I think it was the OP's attempt at sarcasm. Said instead of " Look how great this looks after 1 year!

It does look fantastic for a 10K run in the Pennsylvania climate.

Penn Sylvania
Hmm. Do you get many Waspish Vampiresses coming by looking for Treats at Halloween?

I think it was the OP's attempt at sarcasm. Said instead of " Look how great this looks after 1 year!

Penn Sylvania
Hmm. Do you get many Waspish Vampiresses coming by looking for Treats at Halloween?
I'm not sure what the OP was attempting, but you might be right. 10K on a $10 +/- filter and he went through the bother to remove it, sparked my reply of, replace the filter.

Penn Sylvania
I didn't think I was being sarcastic. Just wanted to hear if people think these filters were good for 20,000 miles like Mobil 1 claims. I replaced with a much durable looking Fram Ultra.

Back