10 yr old V8 BMW: M1 0w40 or M1 10w40 Hi Mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're very touchy about all this.

I don't have an agenda or bias.

And I do and have owned German cars.

Is this yet another thing that is not believed of a poster on these forums until enough documentary evidence has been provided to the satisfaction of individual members? Ridiculous and inappropriate behavior.

Btw I certainly don't think you're a fool. You have some great knowledge to share and a great communication style.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FoxS
You're very touchy about all this.

I don't have an agenda or bias.

And I do and have owned German cars.

Is this yet another thing that is not believed of a poster on these forums until enough documentary evidence has been provided to the satisfaction of individual members? Ridiculous and inappropriate behavior.

Btw I certainly don't think you're a fool. You have some great knowledge to share and a great communication style.

I'm not touchy, but I DO think that this thread is NOT the spot to be discussing your position on the superiority of Japanese vehicle reliability. If you genuinely feel this is a topic that should be discussed, then out of respect for the OP, you should create your own thread about it.

The way you have carried yourself in this thread, a thread about oil choice, does indeed indicate an agenda or bias. Why otherwise would you continue to speak about something which has no relevance to oil choice in the Passenger Car Motor Oil section of this website in a thread that was specifically about oil choice for a BMW 540i?

I'm not "touchy", but I think what you are doing in this thread is rude. If you want to discuss this subject manner, that is fine. But give it its own forum, as this one is not for that topic.

Well surprisingly I don't entirely agree with you.

Firstly, you yourself engaged in a side conversation in this thread about rustproofing. So perhaps look at yourself before casting stones.

Secondly, there were multiple replies to my posts that I needed to reply to. One called me a marketing victim. Another said without warranty data we won't know so I had to point out that one of the links provided was warranty data.

Thirdly, my posts are not pro Japanese anti German. You can read many of my posts in this thread that talk about how much more fun German and European cars are, that Lexus went backwards. My point was solely reliability.

The predictable response on BITOG is that the data is flawed. Well how does anyone argue against that?

Originally Posted By: FoxS
Well surprisingly I don't entirely agree with you.

That's not surprising at all.

Quote:
Firstly, you yourself engaged in a side conversation in this thread about rustproofing. So perhaps look at yourself before casting stones.

About rustproofing a BMW..... we were, at that point in a small side discussion about BMW's... after all, the OP owns a BMW. This isn't much of a stretch. And certainly not a complete direction change like discussing Japanese superiority
smirk.gif

Quote:
Secondly, there were multiple replies to my posts that I needed to reply to. One called me a marketing victim. Another said without warranty data we won't know so I had to point out that one of the links provided was warranty data.

Had you not made the claims in the first place, you wouldn't have been called on them, or subsequently had to back them up.

Quote:
Thirdly, my posts are not pro Japanese anti German. You can read many of my posts in this thread that talk about how much more fun German and European cars are, that Lexus went backwards. My point was solely reliability.

And your point was not relevant to the thread. This thread wasn't about reliability OR Japanese cars. it is in the passenger car oil section because it is to do with passenger car oil (and oil choice). That's what the thread was originally about. And even though there were a few small tangents the thread took with regards to rust proofing, gasket replacement....etc, at least the brand of the vehicle was constant through those discussions. When all of a sudden the entire country of Germany gets labelled unreliable out of the blue and Japanese superiority gets shouted from the rooftops.... That's when things went sideways. And it was you who started that.

Quote:
The predictable response on BITOG is that the data is flawed. Well how does anyone argue against that?

It is amazing that you can summarize BITOG as a whole with such ease.... Something I wouldn't expect somebody who has been here a whole two weeks would try and do. But then, most don't believe your tenure here has been so short. But then I think you already know that, don't you.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

It is amazing that you can summarize BITOG as a whole with such ease.... Something I wouldn't expect somebody who has been here a whole two weeks would try and do. But then, most don't believe your tenure here has been so short. But then I think you already know that, don't you.

Not as a whole but a definite character trait of many.

And really it doesn't take long to pick up on the collective conscious and biases. Multitudes of posters asking for proof that don't provide any themselves, and when proof is provided, the data is flawed in some way. As I said, its difficult to argue against.

The other part of the collective that I'm picking up on is collective paranoia as I have no idea what your point about my tenure is about. You refer to "most" people so does that mean you speak for thousands of members?

It would make sense for you to use the word "most" since on BITOG single data points are more proof than 50,000 warranties, so the word "most" is probably being used when the poster actually means a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back