10% Gain In Fuel Economy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I can get 10-15% gain in fuel economy in my cars if I reduce highway speed from 80-85 MPH to 60-65 MPH.

Changing oil grade by 2 from M1 0W40 to name brand xW20 I can get 2-3% improvement in MPG in my E430 over several thousands miles.

Changing 1 name brand to another but stay with same grade and type (dino to dino, syn to syn) the improvement is unmeasurable. by any method.

In that website the poster "strat81" is a straight talker. He should join BITOG.

I see what you did there.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Amsoil is not making this claim, it's his personal opinion.

Ya exactly.....his opinion, which is a pretty common occurrence with amsoil peddlers. Trying to make us all out for fools.

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
This kind of stuff is the reason I joined BITOG years ago. Don't bother posting links to this stuff unless it meets the level of knowedge that this board recognizes. Our Amzoil guys would never make such a statement. JMO- FWIW

Oldtommy

That's why I didn't post this in the PCMO section, or even the General Automotive section.

I pondered putting it in humor, but it's more sad than funny.

Originally Posted By: domer10

Ya exactly.....his opinion, which is a pretty common occurrence with amsoil peddlers. Trying to make us all out for fools.

You sir sound like you have a problem with Amsoil lol. I think it is rather unfair to toss criticism at a large group of people just because of one idiot that made claims that are clearly not calculated/correlated properly (maybe he doesn't know how to properly convert a decimal to a percentage and meant .01% !? lol ).

AFAIK, there are some respected members on this site that happen to be Amsoil dealers. But in any case, every company has that small group of idiots that give them a bad reputation, it's just not fair to hold it against other parts or individuals of that company.

This is why this site remains at the top. This group is able to recognize the [censored] and not fall for it.

Originally Posted By: lugNutz

You sir sound like you have a problem with Amsoil lol. I think it is rather unfair to toss criticism at a large group of people just because of one idiot that made claims that are clearly not calculated/correlated properly (maybe he doesn't know how to properly convert a decimal to a percentage and meant .01% !? lol ).

AFAIK, there are some respected members on this site that happen to be Amsoil dealers. But in any case, every company has that small group of idiots that give them a bad reputation, it's just not fair to hold it against other parts or individuals of that company.

This is why this site remains at the top. This group is able to recognize the [censored] and not fall for it.

If it was just one idiot I would not even bother wasting my time. This is a common occurrence all around the web. They pop up on every auto forum and do this exact thing, heap praise, tell us that amsoil does this that and the other thing.....amsoil saved their soul. Oh and P.S if you want it just let me know and Ill give you a deal.

If you want to be a straight shooter, introduce yourself, let me know you sell the stuff and if you are interested shoot me a pm and Ill help you out. I dont need somone to blow smoke up my rear with false claims and bogus info to try and bait me into buying something.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
This kind of stuff is the reason I joined BITOG years ago. Don't bother posting links to this stuff unless it meets the level of knowedge that this board recognizes. Our Amzoil guys would never make such a statement.

Absolutely. That's the reason I try to stay out of oil threads on other vehicle forums. The stuff taken for gospel on some of those sites would cause a riot here.

Originally Posted By: lugNutz

If it was just one idiot I would not even bother wasting my time. This is a common occurrence all around the web. They pop up on every auto forum and do this exact thing, heap praise, tell us that amsoil does this that and the other thing.....amsoil saved their soul. Oh and P.S if you want it just let me know and Ill give you a deal.

If you want to be a straight shooter, introduce yourself, let me know you sell the stuff and if you are interested shoot me a pm and Ill help you out. I dont need somone to blow smoke up my rear with false claims and bogus info to try and bait me into buying something.

Agreed, its very common on car forums to have the Amsoil dealers troll them, and on a lot of forums with a lower level of discourse its rather annoying.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I can get 10-15% gain in fuel economy in my

In that website the poster "strat81" is a straight talker. He should join BITOG.

uh he was the OP?
Originally Posted By: strat81
I can get 10-15% gain in fuel economy in my cars if I reduce highway speed from 80-85 MPH to 60-65 MPH.

Changing oil grade by 2 from M1 0W40 to name brand xW20 I can get 2-3% improvement in MPG in my E430 over several thousands miles.

Changing 1 name brand to another but stay with same grade and type (dino to dino, syn to syn) the improvement is unmeasurable. by any method.

I see what you did there.

My apologize to strat81. I overlooked your screen name on this site.

I agree with your posts on that website, and I'm not changing my opinion.

Amsoil Corp actually has rules about making false claims and such. I do try to turn in websites that are blatantly unapproved (yes dealer websites need to be approved!). The dealers sign they acknowledge such rules. I cannot be the Amsoil police, but trust me Amsoil cares. I think that guy was mostly naive, but that could just be a front.

This is equivalent to the Wal-Mart employee or the Pep-Boys guy saying just too much of the good stuff about a product. Dealers are not employees of Amsoil just like those hourly store workers are not employees of an oil company.

This stuff is not limited to Amsoil and in fact pretty much all large aftermarket offerings are represented on most car forums. The worst offenders are the forums where lots of young people hang out like the Civic Forum, Mazda 3 Forum, or where modding is the prime topic discussed. Try recommending something else other than Hawk or EBC brake pads on there and you will be swarmed by a bunch of angry guys in no time. Those forums are full of shills trying to sell their stuff there.

Last edited:
domer10 -- your posts are funny, and ridiculous.what you see on other sites is irrelevant. this is bitog.you don't throw all the amsoil dealers under the bus because one has a big mouth.
if you were here longer than a week and a half, you would know that Pablo is one of the most respected and intelligent members on the board, and has never made any goofy claims about amsoil products.please show some respect for the senior members on bitog.have a good day.
rookies.

Originally Posted By: yeti
domer10 -- your posts are funny, and ridiculous.what you see on other sites is irrelevant. this is bitog.you don't throw all the amsoil dealers under the bus because one has a big mouth.
if you were here longer than a week and a half, you would know that Pablo is one of the most respected and intelligent members on the board, and has never made any goofy claims about amsoil products.please show some respect for the senior members on bitog.have a good day.
rookies.
Thank you for the unintentional backing of my comments lol. I was thinking it, you said it. Due to the relatively low number of posts on my behalf, I relaxed my comments out of respect.

Originally Posted By: Boomer
Exactly. I do not use Amsoil precisely because of this type of nonsense. The oil may be great but I am not going to support that type of garbage. While there may be really reputable guys dealing Amsoil, most that I have encountered insult my intelligence with their banter.

Big +1

rookies.

Rookies......really, I do not know anything because I have not been here for x amount of time?
And where did I say every dealer was like this, plz do tell me. It seems you want to puff your chest out for no reason. I stipulated that there are far to many of them doing this, so please spare me the drama you are trying to create. And I said nothing about pablo. and certainly did not paint every dealer with the same brush, but there are to many doing the opposite of Pablo, that is fact brother.

rookies.

Ill be sure to get my post count to 695 so I can be someone who takes a post completely out of context and spin it to what they want it to say....have a great day yourself.

if you were here longer than a week and a half, you would know that Pablo is one of the most respected and intelligent members on the board, and has never made any goofy claims about amsoil products

+1
Pablo's a great guy, knows his facts, and has his act together. IOW, he is reputable and credible.

Amsoil is a very good product, but not all Amsoil dealers conduct themselves the way Pablo does.

Last edited:
domer10 --we're all here laughing at you.re-read your posts.YOU are the drama queen here.canada has justin b., bob ford, and now...(drum roll), domer10.
from time to time, it's embarrassing to be a canuck.
at any rate, I'm going to take mr. raper's advice in my sig line. have a good evening.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Claims like this gives Amsoil dealer's and the company a bad name.

But many amsoil dealers I see here in FL claim MPG improvement.

I even see one guy with 34mpg stickers on his Nissan Frontier truck and with amsoil dealer stickers on there. That's a hefty claim.

That's the only way you can sell this oil to the masses.

domer10 --we're all here laughing at you.re-read your posts.YOU are the drama queen here.canada has justin b., bob ford, and now...(drum roll), domer10.
from time to time, it's embarrassing to be a canuck.
at any rate, I'm going to take mr. raper's advice in my sig line. have a good evening.

You are "that Guy" you clearly dont get it. I guess reading and understanding are not your strong suit. You just read and see what you want not what is actually written. That is fine, After this post I know not to bother or dignify a reply to you, cause you clearly cant comprehend what is said.

And its typical for a fool who doesn't understand, just to go stright to insults...pretty lame ones at that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back