1 month to get a pair of motorcycle boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a new pair of my favorite Italian motorcycle boots on eBay... brand new, the dealer was closing them out. These are a size 12.5 Wide width, so they just don't pop up too often.

They appear even less often at $99 with free shipping, especially when the MSRP is $250.

So, I jumped all over them at that price. I can keep them in the closet until my current pair wears out.

So, here's my experience.

Timeline:

Paid for auction: 2/24
Boots shipped: 2/25
Boots delivered: 2/28

I opened up the box with the boots. Wow! They redesigned them... wait... no... it's not the correct pair of boots.

Contacted seller. Was emailed a UPS Call Tag on 3/1. Never arrived. More conversation with seller. Was emailed a second UPS Call Tag on 3/6. Second Call Tag arrives. Print tag, tape to box, take box to UPS Store and drop off on 3/6.

Two days later, the first Call Tag from 3/1 arrives via US Mail (and not email...)

Second boot shipment arrives on 3/14. This time, the right boot is the correct one, but the left boot isn't. The left boot is the correct model, but it is *not* a wide width. Still...not...correct. Vendor reassures me "we'll get this right even if it is the last thing we ever do."

Another series of emails with the vendor...yet another UPS Call Tag sent on 3/15, yet another trip to the UPS Store to drop the left boot off (I kept the right one, so the vendor would have motivation to follow through to completion, instead of keeping the boots and simply refunding my money).

Third boot shipment arrived yesterday, March 25th. And YES, it is the correct boots, and they MATCH!

And it only took a month from beginning to end.

So... this was an Ebay auction. What feedback would *YOU* leave... positive, neutral, or negative? They did eventually get it right, and they lost their butts on all of the shipping costs back and forth.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I found a new pair of my favorite Italian motorcycle boots on eBay... brand new, the dealer was closing them out. These are a size 12.5 Wide width, so they just don't pop up too often.

They appear even less often at $99 with free shipping, especially when the MSRP is $250.

So, I jumped all over them at that price. I can keep them in the closet until my current pair wears out.

So, here's my experience.

Timeline:

Paid for auction: 2/24
Boots shipped: 2/25
Boots delivered: 2/28

I opened up the box with the boots. Wow! They redesigned them... wait... no... it's not the correct pair of boots.

Contacted seller. Was emailed a UPS Call Tag on 3/1. Never arrived. More conversation with seller. Was emailed a second UPS Call Tag on 3/6. Second Call Tag arrives. Print tag, tape to box, take box to UPS Store and drop off on 3/6.

Two days later, the first Call Tag from 3/1 arrives via US Mail (and not email...)

Second boot shipment arrives on 3/14. This time, the right boot is the correct one, but the left boot isn't. The left boot is the correct model, but it is *not* a wide width. Still...not...correct. Vendor reassures me "we'll get this right even if it is the last thing we ever do."

Another series of emails with the vendor...yet another UPS Call Tag sent on 3/15, yet another trip to the UPS Store to drop the left boot off (I kept the right one, so the vendor would have motivation to follow through to completion, instead of keeping the boots and simply refunding my money).

Third boot shipment arrived yesterday, March 25th. And YES, it is the correct boots, and they MATCH!

And it only took a month from beginning to end.

So... this was an Ebay auction. What feedback would *YOU* leave... positive, neutral, or negative? They did eventually get it right, and they lost their butts on all of the shipping costs back and forth.

I'd go with Neutral, they eventually resolved your issue and you got your favorite boots however they need to be reminded poor attention to customer service like this won't go very far in this world.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Next time go to a store and buy them.

Closest dealer is my choice of Chicago, Indianapolis, or St. Louis.

Whatever.

Positive. Sometimes things dont go as wanted but they did follow thru even tho they were spending alot on shipping. They should have watched better when they shipped but they did do you right.
21.gif

Neutral.

It shouldn't have ever been this difficult to get a pair of boots, but at the end of the day they took care of it.

I say positive, it's not like they didn't learn their lesson on this with the punitive shipping charges. And they did what they could. I can see the argument for neutral.

I'd go neutral. The number of screw ups in the beginning disqualifies them from positive, but correcting the issue without making you jump through too many hoops disqualifies a negative.

I'd leave positive with the comments indicating they screwed up the order but corrected it satisfactorily.

Only time I'd leave Neutral or Negative feedback is when the made little or no effort to correct their mistake.

[censored] happens!

Id leave a neutral or negative comment. Sure they attempted to correct the problem and eventually did, but they sure do seem pretty incompetent, even if they are not dishonest.

Not negative--they bent over backwards to make things right. probably neutral, with a brief explanation of what happened, and emphasize that they DID make it right.

I just bought a pair of rockys...I think I paid $60 for them...all I do is put some mink oil on them once in a while and they good as new...can't beat 'em for the price!

Originally Posted By: KawasakiGuy
I'd leave positive with the comments indicating they screwed up the order but corrected it satisfactorily.

Only time I'd leave Neutral or Negative feedback is when the made little or no effort to correct their mistake.

[censored] happens!

+1 They kept at it until the job was done.

I'm leaning towards a neutral with a brief explanation why.

Mainly, I had to make two unnecessary trips to the UPS Store. That took my time, my effort, and my gas. I also had to correspond with them, on and off, over a period of four weeks.

My opinion on eBay is this. As a buyer, I have two (or three) responsibilities.

1. Buy the item.
2. Pay for it.
(3. Leave feedback - optional)

That's it. Everything else is the seller's responsibility. And I had to do a lot more than #1 and #2 on this transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back