1-2 shift has a clunk/jerk/kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi what is the cause of and automatic tranny 1-2 shift clunk/jerk/kick, only happens when i accelerate slowly or when I accelerate then coast to the speed where 1-2 shift occurs.. feels like being rear-ended mildly.. it's very annoying in stop and go traffic where 1-2 shift happens often.

Shifting is also a bit annoying from P to R, or R to D where there is a clunk.

Tranny fluid is good. Transmission is good, Spark-plugs good/wires good/ no engine check light, no transmission code/no slipping.

I've been driving this car like this for approx. 50,000 miles... just want to know if there is a problem or a fix.

Probably front, rear is usually engine/trans combo. Have somebody look at the engine while you have the brakes on and give it a little gas in gear. If the engine looks like it is trying to flip over, you found the problem.

Actually when I shift to P and turn off the car on an incline and let go of the brakes, the car moves back a little (1/2 inch?) unless I set the hand brake up then car stays stationary. Plus when I rock the car in P, I see the engine move forward and back but not much. Is this an indication of bad engine mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back