0w20 vs 5w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Hey guys I have a 2020 Accord 2.0t the factory calls for 0w20 but I was wondering if 5w30 might be a better option? It’s also tuned for flex fuel and has a Civic Type R Turbo swap estimated power output now is around 360-380 horsepower. I was thinking tobuse 5w30 when racing it and then use 0w20 all the other times and in the winter time? Or just stick to 5w30 all year round.

I don’t run it on E85 frequently due to not many gas stations having it in my area so most of the time I’m on 93 octane. Should I stick to the factory 0w20 or switch to 5w30 for more protection ?

OMG, an ACCORD with a TYPE R engine in it? WOW! (y) (y)
Does the car have the 6 Spd manual as well?
Is there even any factory warranty on the drivetrain any longer since the swap?
Or any factory warranty at all since so much was altered?
:coffee:

OMG, an ACCORD with a TYPE R engine in it? WOW! (y) (y)
Does the car have the 6 Spd manual as well?
Is there even any factory warranty on the drivetrain any longer since the swap?
Or any factory warranty at all since so much was altered?
:coffee:
It has the 10 speed automatic. I put an aftermarket cooler on it as well. Once I get it really tuned hopefully I can be around 400. Thanks man it’s a little different I’m just using the type r turbo. The pistons and cams are different than the type r but the crank is forged like the type r.

It's under warranty, use 0w-20 as recommended. After that, use what you want if that being 5w-30.
Yes it’s under warranty but with my modifications I’m sure they’ll notice it’s not stuck (downpipe, turbo, etc.). Not sure how the warranties work - I would assume they would have to prove a modification caused something to malfunction? I can always flash the tune back to stock though.

Yes it’s under warranty but with my modifications I’m sure they’ll notice it’s not stuck (downpipe, turbo, etc.). Not sure how the warranties work - I would assume they would have to prove a modification caused something to malfunction? I can always flash the tune back to stock though.
Most likely the burden of proof would be on you.

You did some modifications, so your warranty is gone anyway. Dealership doesn't have to prove anything. Read your warranty.

Use a 30 weight in that engine should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back