0W-20 A3/B4 Availability

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I was wondering this morning if there's an A3/B4 0W-20 oil available here in the US. Haven't been able to locate any, although I did find Castrol Edge in that grade and spec on an Indian web site. So, at least one company is making it.

The closest you'd get would be a 0W-30.

Would you mind sharing the link you found? That's interesting.

The closest you'd get would be a 0W-30.

Would you mind sharing the link you found? That's interesting.
I'll see if I can find it again. Should have bookmarked it ....

Or just making an error in their claims.
I'll try to find the site and we can all take a look. I'm not too knowledgeable about some of these things, so I could be wrong or misread what I saw (or thought I saw).

I'll try to find the site and we can all take a look. I'm not too knowledgeable about some of these things, so I could be wrong or misread what I saw (or thought I saw).
That oil does not exists. Maybe some dedicated racing oil that no public has access to has 0W20 grade with HTHS above 3.5.

Hey, it happens to all of us if that's the case. No worries. (y)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201214-165222_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20201214-165222_Word.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 104
That oil does not exists. Maybe some dedicated racing oil that no public has access to has 0W20 grade with HTHS above 3.5.
Millers Nanodrive CFS 0w20 NT is A3/B4

Nor a cheap oil bit not a dedicated race oil and its available to buy over the counter. Though likely simpler to buy online from OpieOils

Millers Nanodrive CFS 0w20 NT is A3/B4

Nor a cheap oil bit not a dedicated race oil and its available to buy over the counter. Though likely simpler to buy online from OpieOils
How is this not dedicated race oil when everything they say is aimed at race engines:

Millers is not an A3/b4 oil...

for qualifying or shorter duration events where the engine has been designed for this type of crankcase lubricant.

The viscosity figures posted in the data sheet suggests it's likely not even an A5/B5 when it comes to HTHS

https://cdn.opieoils.co.uk/pdfs/millersoils/CFS-0w20-NT-4.pdf 2nd page.

Anybody willing to calculate the 150C kinematic viscosity abd transform to dynamic to see the maximum possible HTHS? With the kinematic viscosity already below 3.5 cSt it can't be A3/B4

Considering that’s not an SAE grade designation then you can call it anything you want.
I assume you have never heard of Millers Oils?

Who cares about SAE, this is the European and Import Section.

And the OP asked about a 0w20 A3/B4, which this is.

Millers is not an A3/b4 oil...

The viscosity figures posted in the data sheet suggests it's likely not even an A5/B5 when it comes to HTHS

https://cdn.opieoils.co.uk/pdfs/millersoils/CFS-0w20-NT-4.pdf 2nd page.

Anybody willing to calculate the 150C kinematic viscosity abd transform to dynamic to see the maximum possible HTHS? With the kinematic viscosity already below 3.5 cSt it can't be A3/B4

What do Millers know eh......

It is only their product after all.

How is this not dedicated race oil when everything they say is aimed at race engines:
Fairly simple.

It isn't.

Back