'04 Honda Trans death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moto94536
the problem was you used redline d4. why used $10/qt d4 in honda ??? You can buy Honda ATF DW-1 for $6.18 /qt. DW1 is cheaper and safer for your honda transmission..

I disagree here. I use redline fluids in my A/T and the shifts are much faster/firmer with the redline fluid as compared to the honda fluid. It has been in there for about 12k miles so far. I will post back when i drain it to see how much material is on the drain plug.

And FWIW, on redline's website, it says the D4 meets the Z1 application.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: moto94536
yea sanjay,

1994 Lexus Owner manual say atf should be change every 15k or 2 years.. So I think Honda probably recommend the same interval 15k.

If you don't feel safe, you should do drain/refill every 30k miles.

At least on my model year, fluid change is required at 120,000 miles at normal service, 60k at severe. However, dealers will tell you every 30k. I will be doing every 15-20k.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mattd
At least on my model year, fluid change is required at 120,000 miles at normal service, 60k at severe. However, dealers will tell you every 30k. I will be doing every 15-20k.

Yeah, in my experience you will find that to be more the Honda vehicle norm trans fluid change recommendation, than the one 15k recommendation cited for the CRV.

That said, the single D/F at 20-25k intervals has worked well for me, and one I'll stick with.

Glad everything seems to have worked out for the OP here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back