'01 4.0 Jaguar Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently had a very slight leak from the right valve cover on my wife's car ('01 S-Type 4.0 V-8).

There was a occasional dripping directly onto the exhaust manifold. Also, the spark plug tube seals had all failed (three badly). I need to check the other side this week to see if the tube seals failed there as well.

Did the gasket this weekend. I was happy to see how clean it was in there. Zero deposits and no varnish.

I bought the car with about 20ish K on it. Currently has 60K+.

Most often I run 5W30 Motorcraft Blend and Mann Filter. I usually change the oil about once a year (which is about 6K miles).

IMG_20110109_140638.jpg

Looks good in there! I think that's pretty much the same motor that is in my LS. They have an awful valve cover design, don't they? I had to have both of mine replaced, along with 3 ignition coils due to oil a few years ago. I have since replaced the rest of the coils myself.

Glad you got her all fixed up!

Originally Posted By: DT466E_bus
The pic looks good!
I bet addyguy is jealous!

....maybe just a little... ;D

Anyway, looks good! I'd expect more varnish with short trips over 1-year...but apparantly not!

The LS V8 and the S-Type V-8 are the same platform so they share many components. In fact I usually order LS parts. They are often cheaper.

In the case of the valve cover gaskets they aren't even listed aftermarket for the Jag by FelPro or Victor so I ordered the FelPro set from RockAuto for the LS and it is a perfect fit.

The design stinks but I've seen worse. My wife loves the car so much that she doesn't want a newer car so hey if she is happy I'm happy. It is a good looking car. She works very close to home and we have more than one car so this car only sees about 6 or 7K miles per year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back