Mobil 1 5w30, 04 Corolla 7K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the GPIII oil that is improving the iron munbers
28.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: tig1
Everone I know that is using M1 5-30 are going 10K with no problems. This is in various engines.

Not only that, but everyone here ...and in the known universe knows this as well
55.gif

To the OP: Looks pretty decent. Visc is in grade. Flashpoint good. The usual suspects at or around noise levels. Minors here and there on nitpicking if ..tweak here..bump there.
21.gif

The only thing I think it's short on is TBN retention. I'd love to see another round of this oil with more mileage on it to see how solid the floor is to that number. With your driving I would expect it to be somewhat higher.

Gary,
My comments were directed to Lukoil, not you. Live with it.

Originally Posted By: 38sho
but I"ll stick with my Mobil 1... no matter who's UOA's say what from month to month......

As you should, it's a fine oil that works!

Originally Posted By: daman
but I"ll stick with my Mobil 1... no matter who's UOA's say what from month to month......

It certainly does. Changed the oil in my sons 91 Ranger today, 345K on the engine all on M1. 12K on this OCI. Used M1 5-30HM for the first time.

It certainly does. Changed the oil in my sons 91 Ranger today, 345K on the engine all on M1. 12K on this OCI. Used M1 5-30HM for the first time.

I've switch over to using all HM i like the better add pack in the SL line.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: JakeR22
Is this the 1zz engine?

Affirmative. 1ZZFE
01.gif

Thanks. I have that engine in my Vibe.

I've heard that they can be hard on oil since they have a timing chain. That doesn't appear to be the case here.

They ARE hard on oil. But today's oils are excellent. Best UOA I've gotten with my 1ZZFE was with GTX overall.

Bill

Seems there in only 200,000 more miles of life left in that engine. One my freinds has a 2002 Corolla and it is a really nice car.

I've switch over to using all HM i like the better add pack in the SL line.
Ever wonder if there truly is extra seal swell adds and if it effects the seals in a negative way for the long term? I do not know

After what Bill said about the timing chains, I'm not sure I want to run a 20 weight in that car. I'll stick with the 30 weights for now
grin2.gif

Nice report!

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Seems there in only 200,000 more miles of life left in that engine. One my freinds has a 2002 Corolla and it is a really nice car.

I'm amazed how nice that car is since we got it. I want to drive it all the time... even though it's an auto!

Originally Posted By: webfors
After what Bill said about the timing chains, I'm not sure I want to run a 20 weight in that car.

I recently changed out the oil and replaced it with a 0W20 (05 Vibe). Hope all goes well in this "experiment"
27.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: Steve S

I'm amazed how nice that car is since we got it. I want to drive it all the time... even though it's an auto!
55.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back