Anyone try Transmatic for your AT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link.

Transmatic

Someone on another site said they had used it on two different slipping transmissions, and it fixed them right up.

When I read the claims on the web site they seemed somewhat believable. Definately did not claim to be a magic fix all for any ailment.

OTOH, it seems that the patent number listed on the web site does not exist.

$35 + shipping!
crazy.gif

Quote:

The vital chemicals of Transmatic are blended in a highly refined napthic oil base

I would go with 6oz. of Auto-RX long before this stuff.

The stuff may work, but $35 for what is probably 85%+ Naphthenic oil is just outrageous. 6 oz. of ARX is ~$12 shipped.

The patent that they list (74285590) is not valid, either.

I have asked for a MSDS. I will post any useful info if I get a response.

I emailed them about the invalid patent back in Feb, and got no response.

Guessing what it is, or guessing that ARX would work better does not really help much.

Teslas, what symptoms did the product help with?

I fixed dozens of slipping transmissions with a simple filter change and full ATF flush. What a novel idea
grin.gif

This is not for the faint of heart, go to www.auto-rx.net funny that components making up this product would be cleaned out by Auto-Rx.

unDummy is on target we just think cleaning the torque converter and clutch paks is worth 6 ounces of Auto-Rx.

Winston,

My car is a 96 Civic with 99,000 miles on it. I bought it a few months ago. It had a very annoying flare shift(I think thats what you call it). The engine revs between each shift. Its worse at light throttle...probably because the line pressure is lower. Anyways, changing the tranny fluid was the first thing I did. Didn't help. Drained the fluid..changed again..and added a tranny-slip product from the auto parts store(forgot the name). Helped a little..not much. About a month later, changed the fluid again and added a diff anti-slip product...didn't work. I was about to go to a tranny shop and have it checked out. Had a bottle of TransmaticSC I bought a while ago. Changed the tranny fluid AGAIN and added the Transmatic. This stuff worked immediately! Don't know whats in it, but it worked for my car. I'd say it took away 80% of the slippage/weird shifting. Every once in a while it does it....but its great compared to how it was before....I was actually embarrassed to drive people around. I'm thinking of adding another half bottle to see if it helps even more. Yes it is quite pricey, and I was skeptical, but I am very happy with its results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back