Wow, reading through the reviews at parking at 61st and Pena for Denver airport

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Needing to park a car for week at Denver airport. The economy lot is full. On Denver airport's official web site it's lists a off site parking at 61st and Pena.

Decided to Google the lot so I could figure out how to get from the lot to the airport. Was very surprised to see the quantity of poor reviews, seems a very popular place to have a vehicle or catalytic converter stolen. One review states to park your car here if you want it stolen.

Sad to see stuff like this in the US. Very sad.

Needing to park a car for week at Denver airport. The economy lot is full. On Denver airport's official web site it's lists a off site parking at 61st and Pena.

Decided to Google the lot so I could figure out how to get from the lot to the airport. Was very surprised to see the quantity of poor reviews, seems a very popular place to have a vehicle or catalytic converter stolen. One review states to park your car here if you want it stolen.

I sometimes use Wally Parking at DIA. It is A OK. OK, shuttle, fairly often.

That looks like a commuter rail station open to the public with probably little traffic and no security. Why not spend a little more to park at the offsite airport lots like https://canopyairportparking.com/ and reduce the chance of your car getting jacked.
Why should vehicles in a city of great growth, inflow of money, and well paying jobs available on every single corner going unfilled, be subject to crime of this nature.

This lot is identified directly on the Denver airport official website. Yes, one should do their homework, which I did and posted what I discovered. But it is very sad to require homework for a official airport parking lot at a airport that generates monster revenues.

I ended up parking at fine parking. I went to the economy lot and signs stated full, but dozens if not hundreds of empty spaces. I then when to pikes peak official airport parking, and that lot was closed.

Last edited:
DEN Parking garage is ok, closer to the terminal is best and safest (for your car, no worries at any DEN parking lot for people safety). Pricey though.

The Parking Spot, while uncovered, is the best service, best prices. Get their app for deals and easy in/out. It's located by the Gaylord Hotel.

If you want covered parking I've used Fine Parking and it was...well...fine.

All the offsite parking lots have deals, don't pay full price.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
DEN Parking garage is ok, closer to the terminal is best and safest (for your car, now worries at any DEN parking lot for people safety). Pricey though.

The Parking Spot, while uncovered, is the best service, best prices. Get their app for deals and easy in/out. It's located by the Gaylord Hotel.

Thanks, I ended up at Fine with covered parking, as fine's uncovered lot was identified as full. I use the word identified as full for a reason......

I've used usAiport parking a few times. They even publish coupons. Never had an issue as they patrol the lit very frequently and offer a free shuttle.

DEN Parking garage is ok, closer to the terminal is best and safest (for your car, no worries at any DEN parking lot for people safety). Pricey though.

Critical question, if I do park there…

Should I bring an axe?

😏

Critical question, if I do park there…

Should I bring an axe?

😏
Doing a recon of the Denver economy lot, which is reported full and has the entry gates down. I went around the economy lot and saw dozens if not hundreds of empty parking spots in the lot.

The axe came to mind....

I couldn't exit from the record n without going through the hotel route, and then the airport executive parking. The airport executives have premo parking in extra wide, covered spots. Something tells me if these executives had to park at the official off-site airport lots, this thread would not have been started.

You might be better off parking at Target (somewhere middle front) and ubering to the airport.
The car I was parking is a super nice, near flawless s class, with a rebuilt title. If the car was stolen, damaged, vandalized, I would have taken a huge financial hit. The insurance payout would not be anything near the replacement cost. So I needed to be proactive in trying to keep it safe. I didn't realize Denver was a not a nice place for parked cars ...

Back