Wow, reading through the reviews at parking at 61st and Pena for Denver airport

If you stay the night at a nearby hotel they will sometimes let you park there a week as well as take you to the airport.
I do park and fly rates at different hotels around the country. Some deals are great, some aren't so great, especially if they want you to park out of sight of anything by the hotel. If I can park somewhere in view of the front of the hotel, you can sometimes get solid parking deals.

Needing to park a car for week at Denver airport. The economy lot is full. On Denver airport's official web site it's lists a off site parking at 61st and Pena.

Decided to Google the lot so I could figure out how to get from the lot to the airport. Was very surprised to see the quantity of poor reviews, seems a very popular place to have a vehicle or catalytic converter stolen. One review states to park your car here if you want it stolen.

Sad to see stuff like this in the US. Very sad.

Take Uber, it’s often cheaper (depending on where you live and if you combine with light rail), faster, and more convenient.

His question was where to park his car, no?
My answer is at home. Aside from the risk of cat theft, Denver gets so much hail that you shouldn’t leave it parked outside for an extended period if you care about your car.

I travel out of DIA a lot. You can park at a covered light rail station or get dropped off and take the train easily. Uber is another option you can use, and combining it with light rail can save money.

His home is 1000 miles away. That would be an expensive Uber.
Ok, he didn’t say where he lives. I’m always on mobile so I don’t see locations. This is a weird scenario, and I’d still recommend avoiding parking at the airport or at any Aurora stations at all if it can be helped, like if he’s staying with someone local. One of the covered private lots would probably be the best bet otherwise.

Back