Amsoil Eaa filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Manufactureres could fix the problem if they would go to a few standard sizes, then replacement parts would be easyer to get and maybe cheaper, too.

Yes, I agree absolutely! I have always believed that if ten standard sized filters were all that was available, the manufacturers would have to design their air intakes around one of the available sizes. How about it you manufacturers?

That was the legal requirement for headlights in the USA for years (decades?). I liked that method quite a lot, but the stylists didn't seem to...

Quote:

That was the legal requirement for headlights in the USA for years (decades?). I liked that method quite a lot, but the stylists didn't seem to...

While every manufacturer uses a different lens configuration, there are only a few basic light bulbs. I would like to know why there are so many different air filter elements, when a more limited number would suffice.

Well, just as there are only a few basic light bulbs but a myriad of housings they go in, so there are only a few basic filtration media put into an air filter "configuration," but a myriad of filter "configurations." So really, our points are the same: A more limited number of air filter "configurations" (housings and/or frames) would suffice just as a more limited number of headlight "configurations" (not light bulbs) would, and we both appear to prefer that option.

Wix makes the 46026 air filter for my 1993 Civic. They refuse to make any with the nano fiber media. Amsoil has no plans to make the EAA filter for my application. Whats a body to do!? Why can't Amsoil allow Wix to make these filters for all applications that they have no plans to make anyway.

Harry
dunno.gif

WIX doesn't have access to the nanofiber media for their filters, only for the AMSOIL filters they (and others) put together.
AMSOIL isn't going to pay for tooling costs to build filters with a limited demand.

Amsoil doesn't even have to make new tooling. They just make a large purchase from the OEM companies that supply Purolator/Fram... and just give that company a roll of Blue Nano fiber material that they bought from Donaldson.

And remember, Donaldson doesn't even make that blue media, they buy it from another company!

Quote:

does anybody have an idea on upcoming filter releases? I need to change air filter in my 07 Scion tC soon and would like to get EaA

It is usually a big secret, I guess we'll just have to wait until the fitments are announced. Last year, the fitment announcements were a few months late. They did say, no 92-95 Civic filters will be among the releases.

Harry

Quote:

Thanks Harry
I'll be getting Wix from fleet this time around (not that it is a bad thing...)

You can't go wrong with Wix filters, they are very good. I use the 46026 filter, that is, untill an EAA becomes available.
laugh.gif

Harry

Does anyone know if Amsoil has the corner on the microfiber air filter market? It doesn't matter to me who manufacturers a highly efficient air filter with good air flow, superior low micron contaminent retention and the abilility to hold a lot of debris. does anyone make a EAA equivalent filter for a 1993 Civic?

Harry

Quote:

Does anyone know if Amsoil has the corner on the microfiber air filter market? It doesn't matter to me who manufacturers a highly efficient air filter with good air flow, superior low micron contaminent retention and the abilility to hold a lot of debris. does anyone make a EAA equivalent filter for a 1993 Civic?

Harry

Donaldson makes them for larger trucks.

harryj-
I expect any filter manufacturer has the capability of coming up with a media with filtration similar to that of the microfiber. How much money would it cost?
And how many customers are likely to buy one off the shelf when it costs considerably more than the run-of-the mill ones.
Or, how many shops would be willing to even stock them, for the same reason.
I have a small chain that moves a lot of product, but don't stock any of the air filters. They are available in a few days, but very few customers even ask for them.

Quote:

harryj-
I expect any filter manufacturer has the capability of coming up with a media with filtration similar to that of the microfiber. How much money would it cost?
And how many customers are likely to buy one off the shelf when it costs considerably more than the run-of-the mill ones.
Or, how many shops would be willing to even stock them, for the same reason.
I have a small chain that moves a lot of product, but don't stock any of the air filters. They are available in a few days, but very few customers even ask for them.

I'll admit the market for such a filter is limited and the cost per on the high side, however, I believe that there is a demand and it is a matter of time before this media becomes more common. Look at oil filters, some offer a blend of synthetic and celulose fibers, that hasn't always been the case. I am hopeful, given time, the nanofiber air filter will become more readily available.

Harry

According to a recent Email from Amsoil, they write that they are looking for ways to make some of the filters that are not yet available, including my Civic?

Quote:

According to a recent Email from Amsoil, they write that they are looking for ways to make some of the filters that are not yet available, including my Civic?

We have all heard this lately....but no details....Amsoil will essentially make filters for all production cars, given time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back