Switched from PurolatorOne A25786 to a AC Delco A3665C, any big diff to be expected?

hey all just did a filter change on my 2015 2.5l 2ar-fe and found the ACDelco Gold A3665C on amazon for a good price with overnight shipping so I went with it. I am a 3rd owner of this vehicle and when I popped out the old filter I found out that it was a Purolator A25786 which seems to be top of the line for purolator and retails for about $35.99 compared to the $12 ish Ac Delco I bought.

Normally I wasnt going to think anything of it, but will I notice a diff or anything by going with the cheaper Delco filter this time? like is there any reason to spend more for the Purolator? I doubt a filter could make that much of a diff but I am not an expert so thought to ask the group!

Thanks!

Send Purolator an email & ask them for their "Specification Sheet PDF" for their Standard Filter & Purolator One. AC Delco is a good filter but the other Purolator filters MIGHT have better efficiency. If you can get the Purolator PDF's then you can post them here for us to size up. There won't be any for the AC Delco though. If you're going standard oil change intervals then no need to get their Boss line of filter at that expense.

I bought an AC Delco Professional air filter from Amazon for my Subaru and ended up with a leaky air filter seal. I then noticed that the filter was slightly shorter than the OEM filter, and the plastic frame a lot flimsier. Poor fitment is a known issue with some aftermarket air filters for some Subarus and may not be relevant in your case. I don't know if the filter was counterfeit, but counterfeit parts like air filters, oil filters, and spark plugs are common on Amazon.

An AC Delco Professional air filter had best efficiency in test in this independent ISO 5011 lab test comparison. I don't think you can go wrong with one if it's a legit filter and has good fitment.

Air filtration is extremely important in dusty environments. Engine wear rates can go up by a factor of 1000 in zero-visibility dust conditions, even with a decent air filter. If you almost never drive on dirt roads, abrasive wear from dust is going to be a pretty insignificant source of engine wear and any air filter will be good enough.

Back