Amsoil Eaa filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Amsoil doesn't have a new filter for my '93 Civic, I am considering either going with an adapted system from another car, or one of those universal induction filters. I like the fact that these filter remove 2 micron and smaller particles at an excellent efficiency. We don't have to wait for the debris to "cake up" as in standard paper filters for them to be efficient. I tend to over change my air filters, which I understand is not a good practice.

I have a question. Will using the new Ae air filter reduce the pumping losses as compared to the standard celulose filter? If so, it seems that engine efficiency would increase, a little more power, higher MPGs.

It looks like the new Ae air filter is everything K&N is and more. Manufacturers tests show the Amsoil Ae will filter down to less than 1 micron at excellent efficiency, while passing a great amount of air with low impedence. The amount of airborne debris the filter will potentially stop and contain is significant. It is recommended that the filter be cleaned at 25,000 miles......the best part is no oil is used! I wonder if all filters will one day be of this same technology as it's obviously superior to anything thus far.

I just got done changing my air filter and PCV valve. I couldn't hold out any longer waiting to see if maybe Amsoil will come out with an air filter for my application. If and when they do, the new filter I just installed will be tossed aside in a heartbeat.

Just bought myself a Amsoil Eaa filter. It arrives Wednesday, I'll install it this weekend.I'll let ya know how I like it. My K & N air filter will be going in the trash!

Quote:

This message was sent to you at the request of AMSOIL to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment. To verify when and if the shipment is tendered to UPS and its actual transit status, click on the tracking link below or contact AMSOIL directly.

Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 24-January-2007

DragRace,
I'm jealous. The big announcement day for the new batch of Eaa filters will be Feb 2nd according to Pablo. I don't have very high hopes for a filter for my '93 Civic. Please let us know your filter impressions along the way.

Thankyou DragRace, I'd also be interested in hearing your impressions about fit, quality and eventually how clean the intake tract appears. Have you ever done a UOA? A comparison of a before and after would be interesting. Looking forward to the pics.

Harry j

Quote:

Thankyou DragRace, I'd also be interested in hearing your impressions about fit, quality and eventually how clean the intake tract appears. Have you ever done a UOA? A comparison of a before and after would be interesting. Looking forward to the pics.

Harry j

I installed the air filter,it installed with no problem,and fit was perfect. It's a quality built air filter,have no regrets on buying it. My K & N is in the garbage.

Pics:

Side
4cwo6tl.jpg

4bp7ds6.jpg

Bottom & inside of Filter
2v1b2th.jpg

Thankyou DragRace, great pics! Hopefully Amsoil will see fit to offer one of those beauties for my '93 Civic. Let's see, flows as much air as A K&N, filters way down low, holds more airborne debris....mmmm, choices, choices
laugh.gif

Say DragRace, do you have any idea why the Eaa filters down to a lower micron level than the Aeo filter? Do they use a different material?

Does anyone have any idea how much dirt makes it into the oil? I would like to believe that finer filtration will keep the oil cleaner, but is finer filtration overrated?

Quote:

Does anyone have any idea how much dirt makes it into the oil? I would like to believe that finer filtration will keep the oil cleaner, but is finer filtration overrated?

Compare the Silicon in UOA's in vehicles with and then without a K&N air filter. You will see a noticable increase in Silicon and wear metals with the K&N.

Finer filtration is not over-rated!!!

o2man98,
I never considered using the K&N for this reason. It's not just because of having to oil the darn thing, it's just as you stated. I liked the fact that it passed more air but along with the air came an unexceptable amount of dirt. I was just wondering how much actually found it's way into the oil. Thankyou for pointing out about the UOA's and the increased metals wear. This is why I am so excited about the new Amsoil Eaa filter, more air flow without all the dirt.

Why doesn't Amsoil or I guess Donaldson, liscense any other interested filter manufacturers, to make the filters that are never going to be marketed by either company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back