any ford 4.6 owners using GC in 4.6 engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wanted to see how it worked in their engines.i would like to try it depending on responses from my ques.if i do use it will it be ok to use during n.c. winter? tks

quote:

Originally posted by boxcartommie22:
would never use anything by castrol
i use redline 10w30 and motul 10w40

Another Castrol-basher like Drums. Why bother posting in a Castrol thread if you're just going to trash-talk the oil, makes no sense to me.
thumbsdown.gif

Yep, pretty silly. From all those repeated single-digit UOA results I keep getting, it appears that my two cars are both about to melt down as a result of this nasty green goo I keep feeding them. . .

EDIT: I guess I should also add that if you stack up Redline UOAs against GC UOAs, and you can do the math, a reasonable person would be wondering why he should pay near double the price for barely equivalent, or even inferior, performance.

egineers will tell you that oil analysis tells you very litte alot of factors..you do the math you get what you pay for castrol, penn, val etc. all want to sell there product and they use mass produced cheap additives..

BCT,
was that an insult to all who get their oil at Walmart?
is it because some of us are not rich enough to buy expensive oils?
I'm sure some of us who get wm-available oil have their engines in a better state than engines which run only boutique oils just for the sake of them being "expensive and special".
and there's a certain sense of satisfaction in finding a "sleeper"...something which works great at a normal price, although it looks so ordinary.

[ October 28, 2005, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: 97tbird ]

quote:

obviously you don't understand..just cont. to go to wal mart etc and buy your oils and products..another example of the public getting the shaft.

-

iam certainly not rich and sometimes i can't afford to buy my oil..i just like other people, especially on here,to enjoy as i the results and performance that i see in my vehicles....i guess iam just tired to see the people getting the shaft and constantly lied too castrol already done that to us...we all ready pay to much for our cars why not make them last longer and not to listen to what big oil companies, dealers, car makers say...5w20 oils!!! and lose your cam shaft.. lol...surely not in our interest..and vad, probably took you all day to make that...cute!!

quote:

egineers will tell you that oil analysis tells you very litte alot of factors..you do the math you get what you pay for castrol, penn, val etc. all want to sell there product and they use mass produced cheap additives..

They tell you a lot more when you get particle counts with them, for example, that the GC in my car stays so clean it would be safe to use in an aircraft hydraulic system. I don't particularly trust Castrol either, but at least in this instance, it's hard to argue with the results. Results, by the way, that Redline can't seem to match. For almost double the average price I paid for my GC, you gotta wonder which company is doing its customers worse.
cheers.gif

i have 2000 miles on my redline motul mix and it is still amber!! that goes in all three of my fords..we use redline at the race track here scca circuit...no other oil holds up to redline and motul..even at the pro stock nhra circuit..alcohol funny cars and the only diff.between redlines race oil and street oil is the detergents

quote:

Originally posted by aztec12:
just wanted to see how it worked in their engines.i would like to try it depending on responses from my ques.if i do use it will it be ok to use during n.c. winter? tks

I'm sure GC is fine for N.C. winter. The 0w rating and it's excellent chemistry make it suitable for MANY applications, including Ford 4.6L's.

BCT, everything which is expensive and has an exotic name isn't good.
everything affordable for "regular" folk isn't bad, either.
GC didn't like MY 4.6L, but it has been a great oil for most people who use it.
RL and Motul don't have that reputation, imo.

quote:

I don't particularly trust Castrol either, but at least in this instance, it's hard to argue with the results. Results, by the way, that Redline can't seem to match. For almost double the average price I paid for my GC, you gotta wonder which company is doing its customers worse.
cheers.gif

That's how I feel.

I trusted Castrol for years, then I felt that Castrol was tricking and cheating its customers... until GC made me realize that Castrol is more than capable of making a good oil when they want to.

In all fairness, I should add that for over 35 years I've never had a problem with any engine that I ran on Castrol GTX or Syntec.

But the Castrol 'syn' nonsense lost my business.

Over the last 8 years I've purchased less than 2 gallons of Castrol product. I've used Mobil 1, Redline, and Chevron Delo 400 almost exclusively.

Then, last week, I bought 50 quarts of GC from a fellow bitog'er. So, at the minimum, I'm keeping an open mind as regards Castrol.

quote:

if i were forced to use any oils that is avail. to public in mass quantities i would use chevron products....delo's and the delvac's

IIRC, Delvac is a Mobil product, not Chevron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back