can I use this GC in my 91 300ZX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just replaced the motor with a used 60K motor that has used synthetic all its life.

always like to try things out and wondered if I can use this in my new motor.

what weight should I use? calls for 10W30 normally

GC would be a great choice for your engine. However, you didn't mention if it was the turbo version. If you are talking about the non turbo then I think GC would be perfect. The VG30DE in your car tends to run hot because of the tight engine compartment. In La in the summer I would run GC or some other 10w-40.

quote:

Originally posted by MZ-Bird:
NA non turbo. you think I should run 10W40 GC?

Is the GC better than synthetic? I would rather run a synthetic. do they make a GC synthetic?

Turbo or not, use The Elixer (GC)...it ONLY comes in 0W-30 and it will probably be the most creatively developed synthetic oil you have ever used.

quote:

NA non turbo. you think I should run 10W40 GC?

Is the GC better than synthetic? I would rather run a synthetic. do they make a GC synthetic?

GC is a synthetic and it is on the high side of the 30 weight spectrum. It's very close to being a 40 weight. GC has proven to be a great choice in many applications, including high stress and high temp applications like yours. The problem is trying to find real German Castrol anymore.

It is...find the row of Syntec in the oil section devoted to 0W-30, look for a red 0W-30 label on the front and for Made In Germany, Imported by Castrol NA on the back label. If you marry up all the pieces you are there! If you want the original Green Elixer of Life, Love and Lubricity, then look at the bottom of the bottle and look for a set of white stamped letters and numbers and look for a number begining with M02XXX, M03XXX, M04XXX or M051XXX. M052 and above and you have the Gold formula.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
It is...find the row of Syntec in the oil section devoted to 0W-30, look for a red 0W-30 label on the front and for Made In Germany, Imported by Castrol NA on the back label. If you marry up all the pieces you are there! If you want the original Green Elixer of Life, Love and Lubricity, then look at the bottom of the bottle and look for a set of white stamped letters and numbers and look for a number begining with M02XXX, M03XXX, M04XXX or M051XXX. M052 and above and you have the Gold formula.

Yeah, what pscholte said. If you can find GC in the bottles stamped with the numbers mentioned above then go for it. Otherwise, I would chose another synthetic 10w-30 or 10-w-40. I don't know how many miles you have on yours but if you cannot find GC in the mentioned bottled numbers then Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic would be an optimal second choice.

motor in car has 62K on it. just pulled out the other one and it was still running with 188K on it.

I am set for years to come because I take car of my cars and I am ready to try this GC now..i mean tommorrow

thanks

quote:

motor in car has 62K on it. just pulled out the other one and it was still running with 188K on it.

I am set for years to come because I take car of my cars and I am ready to try this GC now..i mean tommorrow

thanks

I am sure the Elves will be good to you.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back