MolybdenumDisulfide bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one else MolybdenumDisulfide impregnate the surface of there bullets?
If you buy them coated there about $3 more per 100, if the bullet company offers them in moly.
I have started shaking bullets in straight MolybdenumDisulfide poweder then hiting them with a coat of dry teflon spary right before I load them.
I put the new normal bullets in a pill bottle and walk around all day with them in my pocket. I get perfectly moly coated bullets every time, no real efford or cost to me on my part.
I used less then a half tea spoon to do over 600 .22cal bullets.
I can do 50 to 100 at a time with my little pill bottle.
I have been loading these for my 5.7x28mm(FN) pistol and it works great.
After shooting teflon/moly (teflon "over" moly)bullets the inside of my FiveseveN barrel has a mirror black finish to it and is all most perfectly clean.
I'm coating all my rifle bullets in it now.
I might have to do some other pistol bullets, I just can't fit to many .44 or .45 bullets in a pill bottle.

There's a bit of controversy over moly.

Some have found that you end up with a "layer cake" of moly and copper that seems unremovable. Others swear by it.

I'd not let teflon any where a firearm chamber 'though.

I plan to shoot a lot of non moly factory bullets and clean my gun.
I too have herd of the people that swear by it, a lot of them are comp shooters and don't clean there guns durning the shooting season.
What will teflon do to the chamber other then build up?

I've extensively shot moly coated bullets, and I like how they performed. Not only can you squeeze more fps out of a load without exceeding nominal pressures, but the real benefit of moly is that the bore doesn't pick up as much copper and therefore you can shoot more rounds more accurately compared to shooting non moly coated bullets.

You can also clean your bore more easily in my experience shooting moly coated bullets, because there is less material bonded to the lands and grooves. Of course, you need to use the highest quality moly and have a VERY smooth bore. I suggest you get your barrel, action, and bolt cryogenically frozen then polish the **** out of it with diamond paste, then use moly coated bullets.

I would personally stay away from things like teflon for bullet coatings, or in firearm use.

Moly bullets been there done that. It is a waste of time and money. There are reasons some aftermarket barrel makers now discourage the use of moly.

The Moly fad has about run its course. Lot of hype for little to no gain. Hirev is correct , some of the top barrel makers discourage it too .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back