Weathertech floor mats worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty cost conscious. These are worth the money. The fitment is unmatched and they do not slide around. They do add resale value if you're selling a nicer vehicle. Suggests you aren't afraid to spend money to protect it.

They do a great job of keeping all the crud, grass and rocks off the carpet, but I wish they weren't such hard plastic. A little rubber mixed in with that stiff plastic would produce a much better mat, and would make them easier to clean. The dirt gets ground into the texture and they never really come clean with a stiff brush, 3M scrubber, or with the car wash sprayer.

Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
They do a great job of keeping all the crud, grass and rocks off the carpet, but I wish they weren't such hard plastic. A little rubber mixed in with that stiff plastic would produce a much better mat, and would make them easier to clean. The dirt gets ground into the texture and they never really come clean with a stiff brush, 3M scrubber, or with the car wash sprayer.

I hear you on that.

It's kind of a shame to have to get these to protect a carpet that is too hard/expensive to repair, when a simple rubber mat would have sufficed in the first place. It's not like you're going to walk around the car in your bare feet, after all. Too bad they couldn't just do a plastic/rubber mat with a simple one-way drain in a nice low spot.

Too simple, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back