MC FL400S CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesnt look that bad. Another filter from SubyRubieRoo.

Enjoy the pics
smile.gif

20181021_155329.jpg

20181021_155500.jpg

20181021_155527.jpg

20181021_155533.jpg

20181021_155538.jpg

20181021_155626.jpg

20181021_155641.jpg

20181021_155651.jpg

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
I miss the old round hole center tube. Otherwise still a fantastic filter. Probably the only one in the Motorcraft line that I'd run.

I thought you run these and the MC FL910S

Adam, realized I replied to the wrong thread. I've only ever run the 910S which I've always had good luck with. Still have an older one on the shelf that has the round holes in the center tube.

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Adam, realized I replied to the wrong thread. I've only ever run the 910S which I've always had good luck with. Still have an older one on the shelf that has the round holes in the center tube.

It's all good Luke
smile.gif

I'm glad I have a Rural King close by. They carry TG 8316

Thanks Adam.
thumbsup2.gif

This one looks good, much cleaner. The seam pleat still a little wide but not extremely so...

Got one on one of the Rangers now.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Thanks Adam.
thumbsup2.gif

This one looks good, much cleaner. The seam pleat still a little wide but not extremely so...

Got one on one of the Rangers now.

Robert, you are very welcome as you do a ton for all of us here
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
This one probably looks the best of the four MCs. It's a shame cuz as some said, the FL1A used to have "legendary" status for the Windsor V8 guys. At least this one still looks worth the $4.

Good point Chris
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
This one probably looks the best of the four MCs. It's a shame cuz as some said, the FL1A used to have "legendary" status for the Windsor V8 guys. At least this one still looks worth the $4.

Good point Chris
smile.gif

Yeah this one does look really good. I think I can use this one on the lady's Camry.

Thanks for all the cutting this weekend Adam, it's been a hoot. Hopefully the Bosch's will have some redeeming qualities since they are in all likelihood 3-4 years old. Some are still available on clearance at the Walmarts since they no longer have cross-references available... and these weren't common sizes.

Originally Posted by Ablebody
It looks great actually.

.. and they look just as good coming off the car after ~ 7,500 miles. I run these and the FL910s filters on my 2010 Fusion quite frequently. Never had a bad one. Posted a couple on here in the past.

Also have a few sitting in the garage that need cutting open, along with a handful of other brand filters. I should get to that soon, just need to get a decently-priced cutter.

Thanks for all the cutting this weekend Adam, it's been a hoot. Hopefully the Bosch's will have some redeeming qualities since they are in all likelihood 3-4 years old. Some are still available on clearance at the Walmarts since they no longer have cross-references available... and these weren't common sizes.

At least one, if not two, of the used filters in my garage that need cutting open are Bosch filters. One of them was bought on clearance at WalMart, and appeared to be older stock. I have a Bosch workshop filter on my car right now, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back