PH 2867, 6,000 MILES CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was off a friends early 2000's Honda Accord car. Had this filter and QSUD 5w20 in and on vehicle. I'm unaware or should say i dont know what that piece of foreign matter that filter caught. ADBV was actually somewhat pliable and un damaged. Put a TG 7317 and some of my stash oil i.e. CHEAP as in under $4 QSUD 5W20 courtesy of AAP in and back on. I did last oil change btw

Enjoy the pics.

20181017_164634.jpg

20181017_164739.jpg

20181017_164500.jpg

20181017_164753.jpg

20181017_164858.jpg

20181017_164903.jpg

20181017_164908.jpg

20181017_164824.jpg

Hey 53' Stude thanks very much for all the C&P. Greatly appreciate it where I don't have to get a filter cutter.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Where did the weird rubber string come from?

I have no idea. The car has not had any engine work done so.....

Originally Posted by anndel
Hey 53' Stude thanks very much for all the C&P. Greatly appreciate it where I don't have to get a filter cutter.

You are very welcome sir
smile.gif

Wonder if the odd black strip came from the inside of the sealing gasket??
Cuz I don't see how it could make it thru the oil pump intact like that.

Also, the part number almost makes one think its a Fram OCOD, yet Fram doesn't make that part number. Champ does. And no orange can is kinda a clue too. I'm like a Columbo or Monk here.....

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Wonder if the odd black strip came from the inside of the sealing gasket??
Cuz I don't see how it could make it thru the oil pump intact like that.

Also, the part number almost makes one think its a Fram OCOD, yet Fram doesn't make that part number. Champ does. And no orange can is kinda a clue too. I'm like a Columbo or Monk here.....

I didn't see any other pieces on inside of baseplate.

We used to use these at work til we went to Auto Extra. I have like 19+ of these filters.

I like it for having metal end caps and I like FRAM

My theory about the string like rubber piece... maybe it is a bread tie.. Someone was topping the oil up and had just been inside opening their loaf of bread and accidentally dropped that piece into the fill hole
smile.gif

There were at least two threads about the rubber piece before. I suspected it was seam sealer (they use it between the baseplate and that ring and between the baseplate and the can before crimping). On one of the threads the OP called and the manufacturer confirmed that it was seam sealer.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...ound-on-in-m-108a-oil-filter#Post4857584
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...o_issues_with_Mobil_1_filter#Post4822985

Both of these show what appear to be filters made by the same manufacturer (Champ Labs?). If you look at the baseplate on this thread and these two other threads, they look the same and even have the same markings (that Y looking thing).

All three of these threads have the same issue, excess seam sealer that detaches.

Originally Posted by bbhero
My theory about the string like rubber piece... maybe it is a bread tie.. Someone was topping the oil up and had just been inside opening their loaf of bread and accidentally dropped that piece into the fill hole
smile.gif

hahaha
Want more giggles? My guess would be feminine personal item string.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back