New Magna Partnership - Automotive Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magna wants in on the self-driving car market(via Lyft) and to get more lighting contracts. I know Magna via Donnelly competes with Gentex in the mirror market as well.

Magna makes the interior parts for all three domestic OEMs and some imports. In some cases they make the entire interior and just drop it off at the plant for assembly on the line. They do quite a bit of other manufacturing as well.

They have a contract with BMW to assemble the entire Z4 roadster as well as manufacturing many of the components; they also make the Mercedes E-Class 4-matic models and are responsible for the design and development of the 4-matic technology for Daimler. Other vehicles they have manufactured are the BMW X3, Aston Martin Rapide, and developed the Audi TT, Fiat Bravo and Peugeot RCZ.

Total vehicle manufacturing by Magna worldwide is 200,000 cars annually. They are the largest "non-marque" auto manufacturer in the world. You literally cannot drive a North American or European manufactured vehicle they haven't had a hand in.

Last edited:
I know my company sells to them.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back