Quaker State 5w-20 Bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil: Bulk Quaker State Dino 5w-20
Sample taken after drive home from Dealer (7 miles). Vehicle has only see this oil type - every 3K. Approx 25K on vehicle

Iron 0
Chromium 0
Lead 0
Copper 2
Tin 0
Aluminum 1
Nickel 0
Silver 0
Silcon 3
Boron 87
Sodium 0
Magnesium 4
Calcium 1133
Barium 0
Phosphorus 405
Molybdenum 80
Titanium 0
Potassium 0
Zinc 470

Trace Insolubles
Flashpoint 410 F
Sub Vis @ 210 F 53.5

TBN 6.6

Not sure if some of the minor stuff is carry over - aluminum, copper, etc

Yea, I now know why they use QS bulk instead of Honda/Exxon bulk. I think they get their supply from the same distributer as Jiffy Lube. I wonder if QS now just remarked Shell dino.

I was expecting a little more AW for a 5w-20.

$28 bucks for this.
$49 for the QS blend
$79 for the QS synthetic

quote:

Originally posted by The Critic:

quote:

Originally posted by BlazerLT:
That is some really weak oil there.

Lubricants contain many additives that do not show up in a $30 spectro burn.

True, I doubt their Slick50 brew would have shown up

lol.gif

My M1 0W40 + 8 onces of SX-UP had a TBN of 6.75 after 7 months of use and 9500-10,000 miles of use includeing sub-zero winter temps. I can not wait to see the UOA on this oil. 3000 miles is not very cahallenging for an OCI but with this oil why challenge it at all!!!

There are a few oils that don't have high starting base numbers. SOPUS doesn't even publish the virin TBN on most of their oils. Some of their HDEO oils are only 7 TBN virgin. The rhetorical response is that the number isn't as important as the TBN retention
dunno.gif

If I'm not mistaken, most Ponitac minivans are equipped with the infamous 3.4L V6, which is notorious for leaking coolant from the intake manifold gasket.

The engine isn't sludging up as a result of Quaker State oil, but because of coolant ingestion most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back