RLI Bio-SynXtra HD 10w30 Low Ash VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a bunch of this oil from Amazon. It was heavily discounted, and I was kinda suspicious that it may be counterfeit, so I ran a VOA to make sure it was Legit... it took almost 2 months to receive it, but everything looks good. It all has the same batch # , so this should be representative of all the oil. All additives and vis. are very close to RLI’s advertised specs and the unique mineral antimony is present. I think they were liquidating a bunch of excess inventory which is why it was so cheap.

I plan on mixing this 50/50 with RLI 15w40 to make a 10w40.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting looks like a stout oil. If this is the "low-Ash" formulation; I am wondering what the high ash would look like. On surface it looks like Redline formulation substituting antimony for molybdenum. I think remember Molacule mentioned antimony and molybdenum are not synergistic and should not be in same oil.

Yes this is the low-ash CJ-4 formula. RLI doesn't currently offer any CI-4+ oils except for a 5w40.

I wouldn't add anything to this except RLI booster pak. It is a unique formula and certain additives, like moly, may not be synergistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back