2019 Silverado and Ranger pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about the cylinder de-activation. It can deactivate up to 7 cylinders. Not sure how that would work.

Also, unless I missed it, no V-6. Just the 5.3, 6.2 and 3.0 diesel.

Silverado is ugly. Ranger is another huge midsized pickup.
Where is my standard cab, compact pickup with a manual transmission? No, I will not buy a Nissan Frontier.
Not everyone wants a pickup truck that is a family luxury car with a bed.
How about a pickup that actually gets near 40 MPG, not because it is made of exotic lightweight materials with an exotic turbo hybrid drivetrain, but because it just isn't positively gigantic.

Dropping the discussion of looks for a second, I read this morning GMs AFM can deactivate up to 7 cylinders. Uh, no thanks.
I’ll take turbo’d small engines over that. Don’t even care if they have auto stop-start, long as I can disable it.
Form me, the mechanicals over rule the looks.

I think the new Ranger is really nice looking. If it isn't priced to the point of where a full-sized pickup makes more sense (and it probably will), I would really really consider one. I would also hope I could choose (and I HIGHLY doubt this) 2.3 EcoBoost, 4x4 (with FX4 package), 6-speed manual and leather seats.

I am indifferent on the new Silverado, I am a big big fan of the current generation pickups. I LOVE the square wheel wells and the refresh they did a year or two ago. Gorgeous trucks IMO.

Originally Posted By: redhat
I would also hope I could choose (and I HIGHLY doubt this) 2.3 EcoBoost, 4x4 (with FX4 package), 6-speed manual and leather seats.

You can get all of that except the manual.

The new Ranger is a looker - it's subtly aggressive but still visually appealing - Ford also did a decent job tying it into the F-Series.

Now the new Silverado, man those that grille look worse than the Lexus spindle grille. I'm not digging the fender/door swoop as well. I'm not a GM guy, but I will say the GMT400/800/K2XX trucks were the best looking ones they made, I'm lukewarm about the GMT900s but it was something GM needed to do to weather bankruptcy. Could GM be designing the new Kxxx trucks to be sold overseas as a Chevy or Holden in Asia/Australia and made the front end look aggressive(I'm looking at you Lexus) to appeal to that crowd?

I had hopes for the new Ranger. After seeing a picture of somebody standing beside one, I realized they followed the "bigger is better" fashion and therefore created a truck with yet again an unusable bed height. Unless the basic version comes with smaller wheels and lower suspension, this is just another status truck for urban dwellers who never carry anything.

I'll keep wearing out my '06.

Originally Posted By: Broo
I had hopes for the new Ranger. After seeing a picture of somebody standing beside one, I realized they followed the "bigger is better" fashion and therefore created a truck with yet again an unusable bed height. Unless the basic version comes with smaller wheels and lower suspension, this is just another status truck for urban dwellers who never carry anything.

I'll keep wearing out my '06.

Interesting how the Ranger/Canyon/Colorado/Tacoma are the size of the F150/Sierra/Silverado/Tundra of only a few years ago.

In high school I put many miles on a 2000 F350 7.3 diesel dually pulling a trailer for a farm I worked on. That truck was easier to maneuver and see out of than many of these new half tons.

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
I go to Mexico reguarly so I have seen the Ranger countless times. It looks rather fragile. Just wait until Toyota decides to bring the Hilux and Nissan brings the NP300 and crash the compact ute market

Hilux would have to pass more safety tests ~ so it would wind up an expensive Tacoma we already have.

1. I hate fake "wind tunnel" lines.

2. That thing is immensely ugly.

Looks like they had one team draw the truck, and then passed it to subsequent teams who never spoke to each other and let them add on (GM specialty).

Looks like it's been shunted in the chuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back