the whole toilet paper filter thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a motorguard filtering the coolant in my 2000 Dodge Ram with the Cummins diesel. It blew me away how much gray and brown gook it had captured when I changed out the TP for the first time. Subsequent changes didn't look nearly as nasty, so I think that first one had filtered out the majority of nastiness, but it was very eye-opening how dirty "clean" looking coolant actually is.

I'm running Frantz oil bypass filters on my work trucks. Costco brand Kirkland toilet paper (err...filters)is what I have filtering my oil. Easy system to install. I use a sandwich adapter which allows me to retain the full flow filter and I run the oil return line into the oil cap or valve cover.

Nuff said,

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I had a 67 Chevy truck with a 307 in it. It had the canister type filter. I needed a cartridge so I used 2 rolls of toilet paper, cut down to fit the housing. Let's just say, it got me through a bad time.

If you look at the oil flow path, you will see you were in bypass mode 100% of the time.

You may as well have left the old filter in.... you essentially had no filter at all.

In 1967, I installed a Frantz toilet paper filter on my 1945 cj2a Jeep. It's still on it and working great after 50 years!

Originally Posted By: jacobs
In 1967, I installed a Frantz toilet paper filter on my 1945 cj2a Jeep. It's still on it and working great after 50 years!

How many miles on your Jeep? Everything still original?

Yes, still original ~ about 250,000 ~ not sure ``` I'm at the upper ranch ~ the jeeps up on the hill ~ won't be used this winter ~ we've a lot of vehicles ```

May take it to the spread ~ on the high desert ~ where it can be used ~ for moving hay bales ~ or what ever ```
Richard

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I had a 67 Chevy truck with a 307 in it. It had the canister type filter. I needed a cartridge so I used 2 rolls of toilet paper, cut down to fit the housing. Let's just say, it got me through a bad time.

On One car or truck ~ that had a canister ~ must have been a chevy ~ I use ~ the plastic insert from ~ a film developing container ~ for the roll to sit on ~ You know the containers ~ to we used ~ for developing film ~ outside the darkroom ```

It was when I thought $24.00 ~ was two much for a Frantz Filter ~ 24 bucks seemed like a lot than ```

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back