Where to buy rust free truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kira
Where to buy a rust free truck, you ask?

A new vehicle dealer.

Only kidding.

I thought of this too.
I don't know what the OP is looking to spend or what he really needs and wants, but there are lots of new '17 MY trucks sitting on lots right now and they're only getting cheaper.
Throw in cheap or free manufacturer financing and a new truck might make more sense than a 3-5 YO model, especially since the OP will then know exactly what he's getting and can maintain the vehicle from new as he sees fit to do.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: Kira
Where to buy a rust free truck, you ask?

A new vehicle dealer.

Only kidding.

I thought of this too.
I don't know what the OP is looking to spend or what he really needs and wants, but there are lots of new '17 MY trucks sitting on lots right now and they're only getting cheaper.
Throw in cheap or free manufacturer financing and a new truck might make more sense than a 3-5 YO model, especially since the OP will then know exactly what he's getting and can maintain the vehicle from new as he sees fit to do.

Right now the spread is $10-12k.

I ran into a similar problem before I bought my 2012 C-1500. Used trucks that looked they were fairly beat would sell for a few thousand of a new truck. With cars, I let someone else take the beat-down but I bought my truck new. A few things have changed since then, though. Gas in 2012 was $3.50 per gallon and trucks weren't flying off the lot like they are now, but I think you can still get a decent deal on a new truck all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back