2013 Lexus ES 350 91k History Unknown? 0w-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wemay
I'm sure you meant $22 for 5 quarts.
wink.gif

No I think he really meant $22.47 and tax.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Platinum-0W-20-Motor-Oil-5-qt/123640799

Last edited:
I'd pick one oil and use the OEM Toyota filter - there have been reports of Fram Ultra cartridges not fitting Toyota filter housings - the TRD filter is made by Champ Labs and is identical to FU but still doesn't fit the housing precisely. The OEM Denso filter is $5 or less if you know where to look.

I've used PP, TGMO and M1 in Toyotas without issue, although no oil really works on the AZ/NZ/ZZ engines. If you really want Lexus quiet, Castrol Magnatec. It's quieted down my parent's Sienna.

Last edited:
Alright I was tired. You are all correct and I was wrong, but I think and hope you knew what I meant. 5 quarts not gals! LOL! And yes it was $22.47 no tax if I remember because I ordered it over wm.com plus 2 extra "quarts".

So I changed it today. The old oil was kinda like I said before, kinda not real clean, but not real dirty either by my eye analyzer.

Ill post pics of it later. The Fram Ultra filter fit fine.

So when I drained the old oil, this is some of the old Oil drained out in a torn styrofoam cup. Also is attached a pic of the old filter. Both Filter and oil were unknown due to just getting the car, and mileage that old oil and filter were unknown. Any body have a idea of who's filter that is, brand/type?

That looks like either an OEM or a Hastings-made filter. Mostly likely an OEM.

Doesn't look like a Wix/NAPA.

For sure it is not a Purolator -- Purolator is known for sloppy glue work.

Definitely not FRAM-made as it uses plastic end caps.

So the guess is that it's a Toyota filter?

I was wondering if anyone could give me a guess/thought on how the old filter and oil looked as far as, if it was recent change, or a long time/mileage?

Difficult to say how long it has been in service. I've seen OEMs that look near perfect after 8-10k miles. YMMV.

Many (not sure if all) new/newer Toyota and Lexus models now recommend 10k OCIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back