Valvoline Maxlife new formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're talking about Valvoline Synthetic w/Maxlife Technology, Yes. Almost certainly so, now that they are certified dexos1Gen2. From all the research papers and now VOA seen, Calcium has dropped significantly (to help combat LSPI in T-GDI applications and improve timing chain wear) with an introduction of more magnesium and possibly Boron and Moly. You can search for those VOA on here as it has been discussed at length recently.

The blend (red bottle) isn't on the list.

http://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2015/

Yes, Goodnight meh fren,

Not sure since no current VOA has been shared, nor any changes in certification.

I might add something to that based on the dexos center for QA link . . . Valvoline lists
- Full Synthetic
- Advanced Full Synthetic
- Full Synthetic with Maxlife
- Full Synthetic SynPower
- Full Synthetic professional series
- Full Synthetic VPS

is there a simple explanation of the differences for someone who is simply confused by all the labels ?

33.gif

I had seen that the newer jugs say Advanced Synthetic but hardly any or no mention of Synpower. Maybe Synpower the name is on the way out?

I believe you are right PimTac that the Synpower name is gone. The new containers have no mention of it.

What I will be interested in are some voa or uoa of the reformulated Valvoline. Will it go back to a moly/boron additive pack like in the past? Not that it matters, Valvoline has a great product with unknown components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back