Danika loses ride, finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Suzie Wolff would have driven rings around her and not even she could get a seat.

I'm surprised Toto, with his pull in the sport, not to mention his money, (worth north of $400 MILLION), that he couldn't buy her a seat.

"He lives with his wife Susie in the northeast canton of Thurgau, and through Wolff's various investments he is believed to be worth up to $400 million.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/...t#ixzz4vWV6QO00

Originally Posted By: billt460
Suzie Wolff would have driven rings around her and not even she could get a seat.

I'm surprised Toto, with his pull in the sport, not to mention his money, (worth north of $400 MILLION), that he couldn't buy her a seat.

"He lives with his wife Susie in the northeast canton of Thurgau, and through Wolff's various investments he is believed to be worth up to $400 million.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/...t#ixzz4vWV6QO00

I'm sure he could have if she'd wanted that.

Seeing as this thread was started about Danica, let's drift it back to her. Today she'll be starting from the 13th position at Talladega. Not too bad. It shows she's got a reasonably fast car. Faster in fact than 2/3rds of the field that's starting BEHIND her. Danica lovers are quick to point out that qualifying and racing are two different things. And I would agree.

Qualifying a fast car, when you're the only one on a 2.66 mile super speedway, where you drive around for one lap with your foot glued to the floor, is far different than racing with 39 other guys on that same track, while trying to WIN a race. Danica has publically said many times she wouldn't want to continue in NASCAR without a competitive ride. Well today she has one. Her car is faster than Denny Hamlin, (15th), Kyle Busch, (16th), Matt Kenseth, (19th), Martin Truex Jr., (21st), and Kevin Harvick, (22nd).

Now, how many of you Danica lovers think she'll finish the race in that faster car, (assuming she doesn't wreck it), in front of ANY of those guys? We'll find out in a few hours, won't we?

I think Suzie at least was closer to the minimum qualifications; perhaps she even had them. But, it's obviously very difficult, even with Toto's connections and cash.

Bill: Yes, even Jenson Button was grousing a couple years back about the fees, too.

Originally Posted By: Garak

I think Suzie at least was closer to the minimum qualifications; perhaps she even had them. But, it's obviously very difficult, even with Toto's connections and cash.

Bill: Yes, even Jenson Button was grousing a couple years back about the fees, too.

I think these fees are just a way for the FIA to get into the pockets of these drivers and teams to enrich themselves. The fees are ridiculous.

Oh yes, they're certainly high. Obviously, someone coming through a good young driver program has an advantage, and guys like Vettel and Hamilton can afford it. Not to pity someone like Pastor, but what does he do when sponsorship dries up and he's out of the series too long and somehow has the opportunity to get back in, and I mean an opportunity that isn't loaded with sponsorship dollars. Unlikely yes, but you get my point. The amount of dollars flowing around in F1 is eye watering.

Originally Posted By: Garak

I think these fees are just a way for the FIA to get into the pockets of these drivers and teams to enrich themselves. The fees are ridiculous.

Perzackly its just like union dues you want to play you have to pay.

I don't understand why Mercedes and Ferrari don't pick up the tab for these guys?

Maybe they do, or it's just the cost of doing business. Apparently, it's cheaper the fewer the points you had in the previous season. If that's the case, Alonso should be set for next year.
wink.gif

JohnnyJohnson: I'm sure there are some benefits to it, too. Right now, there is a bunch of talk in the EU about requiring everyone operating any motorized vehicle in any set of circumstances (a car at the track, a motorized scooter, a lawnmower) to have individual third party liability insurance, and the motorsport business is afraid it's going to kill them. Now, leaving aside whether or not this is a real issue or a bunch of posturing by both parties, this is where organizations like the FIA can be handy, and people like Bernie in specific, could accomplish a fair bit. Teams have much more mercurial interests. F1 has lots of money, but can a kid even get insurance karting at the ages they start?

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
After only 7 top tens in six years (0 wins), the money finally ran out for Danika's 'Smoke and mirrors' show. Please, please IndyCar, stay away!

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/danica-patricks-nascar-career-may-be-over-after-sponsor-snafu/

From article:

Quote:
Patrick, whose participation in NASCAR has always been polarizing given the attention she receives despite her lack of success,

Well, how does a thing like that happen?

Originally Posted By: OhOMG
Well, how does a thing like that happen?

Sex and marketability. Nothing more. Danica drew lots of people early on in her career. Young girls who wanted to emulate her. Young boys too. She was good looking, temperamental, and always put on a show. One way or another. Not necessarily by winning, but by either arguing with, or blaming anyone and everyone. Or else stomping her feet like a spoiled child. Or else by either causing, or by being involved in, some of the more spectacular wrecks. She knew just enough about driving a race car to be dangerous. Be that as it may, everyone wanted to come and see Danica.

The problem is that kind of draw has a limited shelf life. And Danica's "Use By" date has come and gone. She is stale goods that no one wants to buy any longer. Not even at a discount. She should consider it a blessing she lasted as long as she did. Especially with her record. NASCAR Stockers are basically rolling billboards. And in Danica's defense, there are fewer and fewer people in the stands these days to watch them. So sponsorship dollars are getting harder to come by. NASCAR itself is suffering as a whole. So it's not all her fault. She just became the more obvious victim.

You can tell a lot about a person, by what their fellow workers have to say about them. Here are what some of them had to say about Danica.

If this is real lmao

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
She was in a crash on Sunday. Familiar scene for her, I expect.

I was watching F1. Where did she finish?

Listed as #38 DNF

Never made it. She swears her car was just getting locked in.

In her defense, she did not cause the crash. Just couldn't get out of an already occurring pileup.

Just when you thought you wouldn't have to look at her anymore. Like a bad rash that almost goes away..... Then comes back.

I never found her hard to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back